Honored Contributor

New Sak handbag

[ Edited ]

I bought this Sak handbag at Stein Mart this week. They had a few different styles & even a navy stripe that I really liked. I ended up buying the natural solid crossbody because it will go with any color or print I wear. I’ve been looking for something like this to carry in Spring & Summer. It’s 10 x 7 so it’s a good size for me - not too small. Cost $39.99

I remember when the Q carried Sak bags. I bought one of those back in the day. 

28805552-48EB-4A32-8B02-DF626ABC7F9A.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Hi @wilma , very cute bag.  I actually do have one that looks very similar to yours that I did purchase from QVC many years ago.  I love the size and use it often when I'm a little more "dressed-up" or when I just don't want to carry a bag that is too large.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop   @wilma    The Sak Handbags are featured on Zulily today, in case you're interested.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think the Sak went in the wrong direction when they went on to other fabrics and leathers rather than just expanding their crochet line.  That was what they were known for and the last thing the handbag industry needed was another mediocre leather line. However, I think they have gone back to their crochet roots again because I have begun to see them in the stores.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think the Sak went in the wrong direction when they went on to other fabrics and leathers rather than just expanding their crochet line.  That was what they were known for and the last thing the handbag industry needed was another mediocre leather line. However, I think they have gone back to their crochet roots again because I have begun to see them in the stores.

@faeriemoon 

You may be right. I didn’t see them for awhile in stores. Was pleased to see them back in my Stein Mart. 

Honored Contributor

Great bag, @wilma !

I almost did a double-take because I have one that must be 40 years old by now, that I thought was identical, so I pulled it out and while it's the same size and color, it is not exactly the same.  It's not a Sak, either, but by some company named Marcus Brothers of Miami (made in Japan).  I think it's from either a Joseph Magnin store or an I. Magnin store (neither of which is around anymore).

I need to add something to the pull tab of the top zipper and re-fix the right side of the handle, but otherwise, it's still in good shape.

DSCN0928.JPG

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Great bag, @wilma !

I almost did a double-take because I have one that must be 40 years old by now, that I thought was identical, so I pulled it out and while it's the same size and color, it is not exactly the same.  It's not a Sak, either, but by some company named Marcus Brothers of Miami (made in Japan).  I think it's from either a Joseph Magnin store or an I. Magnin store (neither of which is around anymore).

I need to add something to the pull tab of the top zipper and re-fix the right side of the handle, but otherwise, it's still in good shape.

DSCN0928.JPG

@GingerPeach 

I like the beads on yours!

There was a Sak in my Stein Mart with beads like this, but it was really small - more like a wristlet. That’s too small for me to use. 

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

Hi @wilma , very cute bag.  I actually do have one that looks very similar to yours that I did purchase from QVC many years ago.  I love the size and use it often when I'm a little more "dressed-up" or when I just don't want to carry a bag that is too large.  Enjoy!

@BunSnoop  @wilma  I have a black one very similar purchased 25 years ago.