Honored Contributor

Re: New Patricia Nash bags coming Monday!

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb @lmt @EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 @handygal2 & all:

Well, well, well. Patricia Nash and HSN appear to have blown it. Big time. I won't even go into the outrageousness of this.

I was not even one of the last to order. This morning's email:

We're sorry, but due to unexpected circumstances, we do not have enough inventory to fulfill your order. We hope to have the item in stock in the next 30 days and will ship it to you as soon as possible. Your credit card will not be charged until the order ships. If we are unable to get this item back in stock by 09/12/2018, we will cancel the order. If you would like to cancel the order now, please click here.

@1Professor That is so not cool, especially because you are the OP of this thread! The shopping sites should definitely invest in new IT team members who can write a program to keep up with the number of orders placed in real time. It must have been an oversell, but it does seem odd because you placed your order before it sold out. A similar thing happened to me recently during an MZ Wallace sale. I thought I had the order and then I received the high volume of orders email from MZW and they had canceled my order and were going to refund my card. The same thing happened to our friend @Serendipity that same day. I do know how disappointing this situation can be. Grrrrrr!! Cat Mad

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@1Professor  I'm so sorry this happened to you. I can feel your disappointment, and anger. 

I know the bag was limited edition, but only making 200 was really low to begin with. I know the bag was one of her more expensive ones, but she should've anticipated that interest would be very high. Even if she started out with 500, that still would've been low.

I hope between people canceling their orders, or returning the bag, that you finally receive yours!!

Esteemed Contributor

As Patricia said “Made in China”.

Esteemed Contributor

Received my PN Today's Special in the Multi Embossed yesterday; took it to UPS today.  It was pretty, but way too heavy empty for me to consider carrying once I loaded it up.  And I'm a Dooney fan, so I'm used to moderately heavy bags.  I think the embossed leather is not a good match for me.  I'll stick with other PN finishes, preferably in a store where I can pick them up and judge the weight.  Oh well, as the saying goes. nothing ventured nothing gained.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Received my PN Today's Special in the Multi Embossed yesterday; took it to UPS today.  It was pretty, but way too heavy empty for me to consider carrying once I loaded it up.  And I'm a Dooney fan, so I'm used to moderately heavy bags.  I think the embossed leather is not a good match for me.  I'll stick with other PN finishes, preferably in a store where I can pick them up and judge the weight.  Oh well, as the saying goes. nothing ventured nothing gained.

I should be getting mine tomorrow.  I have a feeling that I will be sending mine back too.

Respected Contributor

I received my first PN bag yesterday. It is very pretty. It is a tooled leather crossbody in the gold. #612-283.  My question is the leather is very hard. Does it soften up with wear. I prefer a softer leather. Not sure if it's a keeper yet or not. Love the look of the tooling though.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

I should be getting mine tomorrow.  I have a feeling that I will be sending mine back too.

I just received my PN TS in the multi.  It's pretty but I thought there would be more color to it.  I thought they sent me the wrong bag at first.  It looked more brown& bronze than multi.  It is heavy and very stiff.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

patricia-nash-discovery-brianza-leather-postcard-frame--d-20180727175813597~622886_FV9.jpg

@cherry @lmt @SoX @topcat10 @luvdoodles @butterfly123 @greeneyedlady @handygal @Trixx @Winamac @momtodogs @VenturaHighway @Linmo @EdithEllenLily @hicindy @stevieb & all handbag sisters

Well, after successfuly ordering, then receiving the horrid email:

We're sorry, but due to unexpected circumstances, we do not have enough inventory to fulfill your order. We hope to have the item in stock in the next 30 days and will ship it to you as soon as possible. Your credit card will not be charged until the order ships. If we are unable to get this item back in stock by 09/12/2018, we will cancel the order. If you

would like to cancel the order now, please click here.

The bag arrived today. Pristine, obviously never unpacked by anyone. #8 of 200. 

A keeper. NOT HEAVY (I had returned a previous "Discovery" Nash bag that was 3.4 pounds empty, so was wary.) Beautiful stitching, lush leather, love the map lining. LOTS of room inside. So elegant to carry by the short handle, great on the shoulder.

In fact, my Louis Vuitton strap as well as several Nash straps add whimsy. (Sometimes these thin straps aren't comfortable.)

louis-vuitton-bandoulière-monogram-monogram-handbags--J02285_PM2_Front view.jpg

patricia-nash-designs-floral-monte-viso-adjustable-handbag-guitar-strap-happy-multicolor-italian-lea-22352083-2-0.jpg

Happy dance.

@stevieb will inherit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So glad @1Professor... and for more reasons that one, ahem... that the dream bag arrived and in good order... Enjoy it to the fullest !!

Edited to mention that I'm still waffling about whether to keep the Today's Special... Pretty bag, but not loving the 'half zipper'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...