Frequent Contributor

New Handbag Brand on QVC - Plinio Visona

Looks like a new brand from Italy.  I like that the woven bags are actual woven leather, not stamped to get a woven look/texture.  Available in a Multi (see first picture), Navy, and Bordeaux color options.

A283743 Plinio Visona Intreccio Italian Leather Woven Shopper

HB1.PNG

A283793  Plinio Visona Intreccio Italian Leather Woven Hobo

HB2.PNG

Honored Contributor

Re: New Handbag Brand on QVC - Plinio Visona

One word...beautiful.I will be looking at those bags as soon as I send this

Esteemed Contributor

For the cost of these bags...neither has feet on the bottom...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great looking if you like woven leather, but why wouldn't you go for the iconic Bottega Veneta woven bags if you're into that look? I always err on the side of the originals. I have one Bottega Veneta bag because one woven leather is enough for me. I wonder if QVC, per your pix, is only going to show the woven leathers or if other "solid" leather plinio visa as will be shown? Maybe the q will replace the no-name house brand, gili, with these? At least plinio is an older brand with a name! Makes sense if they show a broad range of the brand's style.

Esteemed Contributor

These bags are really expensive. I can not bellieve they are over $400.00 . QVC is definitely very pricey. They must be catering to the upper class. 

Esteemed Contributor

QVC can't be bothered to put up a video of these bags that have already aired on TV. At those prices, why isn't QVC including a videoclip?

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

QVC can't be bothered to put up a video of these bags that have already aired on TV. At those prices, why isn't QVC including a videoclip?

There is a video up now.  I don't know any more about the bag now than before.  They apparently didn't have many and they sold out pretty fast. 

Honored Contributor

I just watched the video and I think they are beautiful bags.  They are less than D&B's florentine and they are made in Italy and not china.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like some wovens, but the two they're offering from this line don't really rock my world... Modestly priced bags are widely available, but it's still interesting that at a time when it seems lots of women are asking QVC for greater availability of more lower cost bags they come up with another pricey option.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I will definitely check this out. It reminds me of my mothers vintage Fendi that she purchased in Italy. I still have that bag and love it. Love the weave. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning