Honored Contributor

Re: New Handbag Brand on QVC - Plinio Visona

@libbyannE wrote:

Great looking if you like woven leather, but why wouldn't you go for the iconic Bottega Veneta woven bags if you're into that look? I always err on the side of the originals. I have one Bottega Veneta bag because one woven leather is enough for me. I wonder if QVC, per your pix, is only going to show the woven leathers or if other "solid" leather plinio visa as will be shown? Maybe the q will replace the no-name house brand, gili, with these? At least plinio is an older brand with a name! Makes sense if they show a broad range of the brand's style.

Could it be because Bottegas, while exceptional, tend to start at a higher price point, and not everyone has the desire to spend at that level or has the resources to afford one...? I don't really care for these new bags, but they're offered at a lower price than most Bottega bags.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Great looking if you like woven leather, but why wouldn't you go for the iconic Bottega Veneta woven bags if you're into that look? I always err on the side of the originals. I have one Bottega Veneta bag because one woven leather is enough for me. I wonder if QVC, per your pix, is only going to show the woven leathers or if other "solid" leather plinio visa as will be shown? Maybe the q will replace the no-name house brand, gili, with these? At least plinio is an older brand with a name! Makes sense if they show a broad range of the brand's style.

Could it be because Bottegas, while exceptional, tend to start at a higher price point, and not everyone has the desire to spend at that level or has the resources to afford one...? I don't really care for these new bags, but they're offered at a lower price than most Bottega bags.

@stevieb

Good point! I should explain that I never consider price first, not that I don't consider it at all. My mother taught me early and consistently repeated that you should never look at price first when you shop. Look for quality and for what you really love. "If you focus on price, you may buy something that isn't right simply because it's on sale or sell yourself short by not trying on something because you think it's too expensive." She trained me well, for better or worse! (On another subject, she  also trained me to buy in multiples if I found something that fit very well. I fear the have taken that to extremes, because I DID buy five Dooney Brenna bags because they suited my style and needs so well.)

Honored Contributor

Not to disparage your mom, but did she make that remark before or after everything is made in China??

IMO price is now only one indicator of quality.     

@libbyannE wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@stevieb

Good point! I should explain that I never consider price first, not that I don't consider it at all. My mother taught me early and consistently repeated that you should never look at price first when you shop. Look for quality and for what you really love. "If you focus on price, you may buy something that isn't right simply because it's on sale or sell yourself short by not trying on something because you think it's too expensive." She trained me well, for better or worse! (On another subject, she  also trained me to buy in multiples if I found something that fit very well. I fear the have taken that to extremes, because I DID buy five Dooney Brenna bags because they suited my style and needs so well.)

Respected Contributor

Just ready to order and WAIT...terrible review already!!!

A plastic liner (not fabric)?

Leather looks terrible..

OK, I'll wait until more reviews come in.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Leather looks terrible..

I just saw that review too as I have the bag in my wish list.  I wanted to order it too but I will wait for more reviews also.  I was shocked about the plastic liner!

Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Leather looks terrible..

A plastic liner? Uggh! No Bueno.Smiley Frustrated

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning