Honored Contributor

Re: New GILI handbag/ during GILI TSV day 1/18/16

Another photo of the tote. So based on the photos in this thread, 3 silhouettes?  The tote, the Roma2 & the drawstring satchel? The tote looks large...like it could be a briefcase or a weekender Heart

Oh boy Woman Very Happy

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl I SO hear you about the excitement and if the little pouch-wallets are a hint, it looks like the shades might be peach snake, blue snake, camo, black, blush and that light blue. Of course there may be MORE shades, but at least we know that these wallets are part of the collection.

I LOVE the big tote and the shorter handle with the drawstring. I don't want something that looks like my ROMA2's as I have 3 of them. We will have to monitor her site for dates though she did mention in the vids I've seen the debut is supposed to be the 2nd week of February. A TSV perhaps? God, I'm sick of that OBI belt, lol. Being honest, a huge part of that excitement was the fantastic price of the bag.... that's why I wish the bag was a TSV instead of that stinking belt.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Chi-town girl I SO hear you about the excitement and if the little pouch-wallets are a hint, it looks like the shades might be peach snake, blue snake, camo, black, blush and that light blue. Of course there may be MORE shades, but at least we know that these wallets are part of the collection.

I LOVE the big tote and the shorter handle with the drawstring. I don't want something that looks like my ROMA2's as I have 3 of them. We will have to monitor her site for dates though she did mention in the vids I've seen the debut is supposed to be the 2nd week of February. A TSV perhaps? God, I'm sick of that OBI belt, lol. Being honest, a huge part of that excitement was the fantastic price of the bag.... that's why I wish the bag was a TSV instead of that stinking belt.

@SahmIam why not 2 TSV's? I do like the Obi belt...no I don't wear it with everything, lol. The price for the TSV Obi is good. Hope the handbags are priced competitively too. I'm afraid I will want multiple handbags & belts. This new collection is very tempting. Feb is gonna be an expensive month! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Do they do 2 TSV'S? Lol, if so, I'm clueless but that would be great. Yes, February is going to be a month of $$$$$$$.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

I tell them I bought it on QVC; the same place I buy Kate Somerville, IT Cosmetics and Edward Bess makeup... you know, the stuff they sell at Bergdorfs.

Nothing wrong with buying anything at QVC or HSN; if people are snobby about it not being good enough for them then I think the old saying "a fool and her money are easily parted". If the quality is there, it works for you and it's a better price than anywhere else, why would you NOT shop there? Because it's QVC?!

Your loss, lol.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I tell them I bought it on QVC; the same place I buy Kate Somerville, IT Cosmetics and Edward Bess makeup... you know, the stuff they sell at Bergdorfs.

Nothing wrong with buying anything at QVC or HSN; if people are snobby about it not being good enough for them then I think the old saying "a fool and her money are easily parted". If the quality is there, it works for you and it's a better price than anywhere else, why would you NOT shop there? Because it's QVC?!

Your loss, lol.

@SahmIam well written,  my sentiments exactly. House brands are actually a very good thing for consumers. In many cases, you can purchase an item made at the same manufacturer, same materials or ingredients for a fraction of the cost.

I actually like the GILI handbags because they don't have a prominent logo. The GILI handbags that I own are of excellent quality. And I like that you don't see yourself coming and going as you do with Kors, Coach, Dooney.

One of my favorite brands on QVC is Halston. I've purchased a number of Halston items at QVC. I like some of their handbags, but they ruined it with that big prominent "H" logo. I guess it would be nice if your name happens to be Helen Woman LOL Hope they decide to switch it up in the future and remove the H. For now, they are saving me some $$$

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl I am right there with you on loving H by Halston! there's a suede tote I have my eye on and the logo is tiny...if there even is one. The shoes are great and I love the lines of the clothing: classic.

It'll be interesting to see how the leather quality is with the snake prints; I'm ordering one of the pouches just for that reason (plus I can always use a leather pouch), lol. For me, if the snake print screams fake due to poor leather stock, I'll pass on all of them because if they skimp there, they'll probably have skimped elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Chi-town girl I am right there with you on loving H by Halston! there's a suede tote I have my eye on and the logo is tiny...if there even is one. The shoes are great and I love the lines of the clothing: classic.

It'll be interesting to see how the leather quality is with the snake prints; I'm ordering one of the pouches just for that reason (plus I can always use a leather pouch), lol. For me, if the snake print screams fake due to poor leather stock, I'll pass on all of them because if they skimp there, they'll probably have skimped elsewhere.

@SahmIam wrote:

@SahmIam What is the item number for the Halston tote? If the H logo is small I might consider it. 

I agree about the exotics, they can look really fake if not done well. The Blue Cobra is one I like, and yes, there are real blue cobra snakes! I hope the presentation will show us up close details