Honored Contributor

Re: New GILI bag and shoes sneak peek

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

Jill Martin just posted these on her Facebook.  I love the purse but I'd prefer it without the fringe.  I hope they come out with a fringeless version.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/11988498_10153412126747891_4292008200157332399_n.png?oh=22a61b86e4310da1f3094f3695487114&oe=5673C20C

@TuesdayTaylor-thx for posting!!! Any idea about show dates or on air presentation? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Maybe the next Gili bag will be designed with an Obi belt attached to it!  Haven't purchased a Gili bag since the Roma totes, which I love.  Do not like Jill at all, IMO she's not prepared, she's not personable and just doesn't do anything for the line.  Oh no wait,  she wears those Obi belts on everything and pushes them unmercifully.  And sorry, she doesn't have the shape for that belt.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Neiw GILI bag and shoes sneak peek

That bag is a TSV in October but I forgot date. It's about 214 plus shipping 5 EZ pays

Respected Contributor

Oh dear.  Another bag with fringe.  Yippee.

I've been away from QVC for a while and returned to checking the boards and watching a few online videos these past two weeks.  Honestly, the GILI line has become like a train wreck.  I hate to look, but can't stop staring in horrified amazement at how repetitive the line seems to have become.  It is very uninspiring to see the creative director stomping about the set in clothing that is a full two sizes too small, all the while wearing that ridiculous obi belt that just barely escapes rubbing on the bottom of her bosom.  The presentation of the new faux suede skirt, A268481, is an example.  I like the skirt in the photo with this bag, but there is no way I'm paying that much money for a skirt without a lining. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Neiw GILI bag and shoes sneak peek

@gramygram wrote:

That bag is a TSV in October but I forgot date. It's about 214 plus shipping 5 EZ pays

@gramygram-thx for the info. I need to check out the new Insider

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Favorite Son wrote:

Oh dear.  Another bag with fringe.  Yippee.

I've been away from QVC for a while and returned to checking the boards and watching a few online videos these past two weeks.  Honestly, the GILI line has become like a train wreck.  I hate to look, but can't stop staring in horrified amazement at how repetitive the line seems to have become.  It is very uninspiring to see the creative director stomping about the set in clothing that is a full two sizes too small, all the while wearing that ridiculous obi belt that just barely escapes rubbing on the bottom of her bosom.  The presentation of the new faux suede skirt, A268481, is an example.  I like the skirt in the photo with this bag, but there is no way I'm paying that much money for a skirt without a lining. 

@Favorite Son-LOL!!! You've been missed-welcome back 

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Well personally I haven't seen one Amy K bag that I was interested in. But I don't own any GILI either. 

I don't think some of the other leading brands are running scared from either one of them...

Woman Wink

Nor should they be...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Maybe the next Gili bag will be designed with an Obi belt attached to it!  Haven't purchased a Gili bag since the Roma totes, which I love.  Do not like Jill at all, IMO she's not prepared, she's not personable and just doesn't do anything for the line.  Oh no wait,  she wears those Obi belts on everything and pushes them unmercifully.  And sorry, she doesn't have the shape for that belt.

Agree... their brand 'ambassodor' ('creative director', what a joke...) leaves much to be desired...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased a handbag since I bought my 3 Roma 2's.  But that bag doesn't interest me at all.  If someone gave me one...I'd re-gift it...lol  

Trusted Contributor

Personally, I think GILI tries to hard to be edgy/sexy (referring to some of the clothing).  They cross a line from classy to "hey look at me"   I am not a conservative dresser, but something about this line just doesn't do it for me.  They had a ponte knit top on this morning and it looked cute, but it was $117.00!!!!!!!   Not happening in my world.  It looked cute on them from a distance, but when the camera panned in, it appeared that the fabric had ripples in several places on both the model and Jill.  I don't know if they had the wrong sizes on or if it just didn't lay right.   I like the new handbag in the sand colored snake, but that fringe is too long for my taste.  I can see that clearer with the pictures that are posted on this thread.