Respected Contributor

Re: New GILI Foldover Tote, did you get it?? Review, please.

The GILI foldover tote is a good looking handbag especially for traveling. 

Valued Contributor

I couldn't make up my mind, first, did I want to spend the money, second, which color. By the time I decided the charcoal was gone. But, I purchased the brown and it will be on its way to me. I just love the look. And, at about 2 lbs it is lightweight compared to the Roma and many others. 

I know Isaac came out with a Foldover too and it is nice, priced right but it just looks like a messenger bag/briefcase to me. 

I got got the brown crock clutch wallet and loved the color waves but it was so heavy. I think brown goes with everything. Meanwhile,

What color did you get??

i plan on using it as an everyday bag as well as travel. 

Thanks is for the review. 

Valued Contributor

Re: my brown GILI foldover tote!

I received my foldover tote last week and I think she is a keeper. I was too late on the charcoal so I got the brown. It is stunning, soft and smells so good. 

Ive ve gotten so many compliments on it already. I only carry the GILI makeup bag, eyeglass case, wallet and Epipens. So, it is not heavy for me, it is sleek. I wear bags in the crook of my arm but I have put this on my shoulder with the strap and it is comfy. 

I wonder what other bags GILI has in store for us??

Trusted Contributor

Re: my brown GILI foldover tote!

I think the brown is really pretty. Personally, I like it better than the charcoal. 

I' m glad You love it. No one bag of going to speak to everyone. What matters is that we love the bags we carry.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the bag, but I think that the Brahmin Duxbury foldover tote is a better execution of the style.  The Duxbury has a narrow squared off bottom rather than those hard points that are already smooshing in and getting damaged on the video.  It can sit upon on its own.  The Duxbury also has a back zipper pocket that appears to be more functional than the one on the GILI.

The Brahmin is $114.00 cheaper than the GILI version, and you can get it from the Brahmin website with free shipping and free return shipping.