Honored Contributor

Re: New GILI Foldover Tote, did you get it?? Review, please.

This is the Charcoal option: 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

This is such a great picture! Wow, I was leaning toward the brown but then I look at this and.....it's a stunning and different bag. 

Thanks is for posting, Chi-town girl!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another option for a foldover tote from Nordstrom---last day for special Anniversary pricing! Larger in size (width) & excellent price point.

Fossil 'Preston' Foldover Leather Tote (Online Only)

Sale: $185.90After Sale: $268.00Free Shipping
Item #1114401

Gleaming goldtone hardware puts the polish on a smart leather tote styled with a zip-around pocket flap. Top handles and an optional, adjustable strap provide convenient carrying options.

• Zip-flap closure.
  • Optional, adjustable crossbody strap.
  • Exterior zip pockets.
  • Interior zip, wall and smartphone pockets.
  • Leather.
  • By Fossil; imported.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

Ladies, according to Shawn's Facebook page, this bag will finally be presented tonight on PM Style. I still think it is too thin for my taste, and way out of my budget, but I'm looking forward to finally seeing it presented. Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone is interested. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Watched the presentation on PMS tonight-the GILI foldover tote is gorgeous-the leather looks exquisite! Anyone know the designer inspiration for it? Was it Chloe? 

Those purchasing-please post a review!  Hope you love it!!!

Super Contributor

Well, it does look like a stunning bag but the presentation was so rushed, I didn't get any sense of what can actually fit into it (excpet of course, Gili Jill's hand sanitizer Smiley Wink -- really, that joke is getting a bit old ). I think they hyped it up all show and waited too long before the presentation -- although I suppose with only 600, it was going to go quickly regardless. As I've said before, I'm not in the market for this bag but do enjoy seeing beautiful bags presented and explained in depth. Oh well.  I hope everyone who got it will enjoy and I look forward to reading your reviews!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What surprised me:

1. The steep price, $359. And yet charcoal sold out DURING the presentation.

2. In the Isaac show, JUST BEFORE, an almost identical bag was shown (Isaac and Shawn gushed over it):

*both bags were shown as east-west foldovers*

a267718_if9.102.jpeg

a266529_013.102.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

None of these bags has a place in my wardrobe, but were I to be selecting one, the Fossil is by far the most attractive, to me, followed by Issac's.  The Gili would be my last choice and it's too narrow to be of much use, again, for me.  And yes, even if I was interested, that price would be a complete deal-breaker.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...