Valued Contributor

New GILI Foldover Tote, did you get it?? Review, please.

I'd love to know what you think of this bag. If you have the clutch do the colors work together?

i love it, just not sure about spending this amount unless the leather is outstanding. 

Thanks. 

Contributor

Re: New GILI Foldover Tote, did you get it?? Review, please.

It is very nice.  Holds much more than I thought.  The wallet does match the bag.  The wallet is just so heavy.  Not sure if I will use it or not, but both are nice.  Nice leather, seems well made.  I look forward to the presentation whenever it is on.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much. It's too bad about the clutch. I love it but, i agree it is heavy. 

What at color did you get, please? I love them both!!!

Contributor

I got the brown.  Very nice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Received this tote today. Ordered the charcoal. It looks black and does not have the grey highs and lows that the coordinating clutch has. But they would work very well together and I do prefer the charcoal color (looks more elegant) than if it had arrived in the smoke.

The leather is beautiful and not stiff -- I guess that's key in a foldover. (If they would make a large Roma in this leather I would be all over it.)

The size and shape of the bag, however, don't really work well for me.

It will fit a 13 inch laptop with the foldover. However, when using it in its open form (empty or not), it bows inward where the straps are, so I would likely use the handles exclusively when in the large size. That's the only fault I can find with the bag itself. The pocket on the back outside is excellent.

I think this is one of those bags you might need to see in person to decide if it works for you or not. It is elegant and the leather is amazing.

Honored Contributor

@cofeec wrote:

It is very nice.  Holds much more than I thought.  The wallet does match the bag.  The wallet is just so heavy.  Not sure if I will use it or not, but both are nice.  Nice leather, seems well made.  I look forward to the presentation whenever it is on.

@cofeec-thx for posting! It's such a unique design & the high quality leather gives it a boutique look. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Received this tote today. Ordered the charcoal. It looks black and does not have the grey highs and lows that the coordinating clutch has. But they would work very well together and I do prefer the charcoal color (looks more elegant) than if it had arrived in the smoke.

The leather is beautiful and not stiff -- I guess that's key in a foldover. (If they would make a large Roma in this leather I would be all over it.)

The size and shape of the bag, however, don't really work well for me.

It will fit a 13 inch laptop with the foldover. However, when using it in its open form (empty or not), it bows inward where the straps are, so I would likely use the handles exclusively when in the large size. That's the only fault I can find with the bag itself. The pocket on the back outside is excellent.

I think this is one of those bags you might need to see in person to decide if it works for you or not. It is elegant and the leather is amazing.

@Serendipity-excellent details, much appreciated!  I'm still considering it. Would love to see it presented-not understanding Q's " strategy" to not present it yet nor give us any indication of when, guess they're not worried about selling it. Are you going to keep it? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Serendipity-excellent details, much appreciated!  I'm still considering it. Would love to see it presented-not understanding Q's " strategy" to not present it yet nor give us any indication of when, guess they're not worried about selling it. Are you going to keep it? 

A presentation would be great. I think there are a couple Gili bags that haven't been presented yet.

@Chi-town girl  At first I thought I would send it back because it didn't suit my original intention, but it's so well done, I'm thinking about keeping it. Mine actually arrived partially unwrapped with an inspection sticker on it -- which I appreciate. Looks like they were checking handles, in particular.

I should add that the tassel leather is different than the croco leather. It is soft and more akin to pebble leather with an interesting overlay. It does that initial shedding thing, so beware when you remove the plastic, black confetti dust galore. I agree, however, that the tassle should have been redesigned for this bag. When using as a clutch or foldover, even if attaching it on the highest o-ring available, it is a bit long.

But I am liking it more and more!

@Beach Baby 1 What did you decide?

Valued Contributor

Serendipity...

Thanks for all the feedback. I didn't even see that there was an outside zipper pocket, another bonus. I would love the clutch too, I had the brown, but sent it back, it was sooooo heavy and I don't carry a lot in my wallet. I just love the easy access. 

I love both colors but I'm leaning toward the brown. I really don't wear Browns much but I think that this brown works with black and other colors better than the grey works with brown and other colors!! When I carried the traditional LV it went with everything and it was brown. 

I like that it is about 2 lbs, I just can't carry a bag more than the Roma 2 and I still think that runs a bit heavy. I like the slim look of this, like an editor's tote, just very boutique, not a bag that looks like every other. 

I would love to see it presented, I even asked Jill on her FB page last week but no word. 

if you can post a pic of it, I sure would appreciate it and may throw me over the edge!!!  So far, though reviews all sound positive. 

Thanks, ladies!!!

Honored Contributor

Yay!  The new foldover tote will be presented Mon night. It's a good looking handbag! 

Shawn Killinger QVC

Shhhh, little secret—I can’t wait for Monday’s PM Style, tons of NEW items, and I will welcome a celebrity designer you won’t want to miss!! If you want a head start, here are some new fashion pieces to check out: http://qvc.co/NewFashions
And the GILI tote is in Monday’s show too, soo chic!