Respected Contributor

Today I got an email for a sale on the Dooney and Bourke website.  I purchased a red Zip Zip pebble leather bag at half price.

I already have five Zip Zip bags in other colors, but didn't have red.

For me it is the perfect size; not too big, not too small

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff Enjoy your new bag, you will be styling and profiling all summer!

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff    I have 4 zip zips.  It's my favorite bag, as you say, just the perfect size and holds everything with easy access. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Thank you @Boomernichols .  In the summer I do use a white Zip Zip. But most times, especially if I'm doing a lot of walking,

I switch to lighter weight bags from Vera Bradley or a straw bag.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  With spring coming, I'll be putting away my navy

blue Zip Zip and start using the turquoise one again. It is the

perfect bag.  Do you change colors with the seasons? I think that

you said before that you have turquiose.

We have seasonal changes here, north of Boston.  Do you have

season changes in New Mexico? I think of it being warm all year

in New Mexico and Arizona

Honored Contributor

Re: New Dooney Purchase

[ Edited ]

@Enufstuff   I have turquoise and blush for summer; mustard gold and Prussian blue for winter.  I'd like to have a red too but I'm on a handbag diet.  I have several others I've never used.

New Mexico's climate is quite different from Arizona's due to the altitude.  I live at about  6,000 ft and we have four definite seasons.  Winters are cold and windy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624    Wow! I didn't realize that there was such a high

altitude area in New Mexico. Wind is the worst. I don't mind the cold so much here in the winter, but the wind can be brutal and

make it feel so much colder.

I should be on a handbag diet. After I bought the navy blue one

last fall, I said, I don't need anymore. But when I saw that half price offer, I couldn't resist. I had been thinking about a red bag

before, but talked myself out of it.  This really should be the last

one.

When I was working, I always coordinated my bags with my outfits. Now I'm retired and don't even go out that much. So, I really have more than enough bags, and totes in many styles, brands and color. I think that red will be a nice spring color.

Your turquoise and blush are great summer colors. White and

turquoise are my summer colors. That is when I wear more

turquoise and Larimar jewelry. When I used to tan in the summer, I loved how the turquoise and silver looked. I no

longer expose myself to the sun, but I especially like the bracelets in the summer, when I'm not wearing long sleeves.

I know that you have a collection of Native American jewelry. I starting my collection when I bought my first pieces when I was 8 years old. We went to the Indian Island Penobscot Reservation in Old Town Maine and in a little shop I bought

a silver and turquoise bracelet with a thunderbird design and a

matching ring. At that age, I had no idea that it was "southwest

jewelry" that I bought. I have always loved it and never stopped buying. That is until the powwows in the northeast stopped with covid.

The last bracelet that I bought at a powwow before covid,

was a silver cuff with three sisters. It is actually three storytellers. I didn't need it but I had to get it since I have three daughters.

My girls and I are hoping that the powwows resume this summer.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff,

Almost any Dooney bag is a good purchase! Enjoy your red one!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff   We must be sisters from different misters as they say.   I too carry a Vera Bradley in the summer as I do not like the mule mentality of a leather bag in the hot summertime!

Valued Contributor

I love Dooney bags, I am trying to be on a handbag diet @Kachina624 but not working as all my diets....LOL!