Super Contributor

Maybe it's just me but I don't care for my handbags to have a lot of extras hanging from them.  It just clangs on everything! I am not a fan of the new D & B initials they re putting on their new handbags! The flat tag on the front of the bag is fine but the new hanging initials are over-kill!

Respected Contributor

I was wondering how customers would react to that embellishment. Maybe the big DB can be taken off.  Use as a key holder maybe?  I agree that it is overkill.

Honored Contributor

@Tuffcookie wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I don't care for my handbags to have a lot of extras hanging from them.  It just clangs on everything! I am not a fan of the new D & B initials they re putting on their new handbags! The flat tag on the front of the bag is fine but the new hanging initials are over-kill!

me too, and they look cheap

also don't like that the new bags have a zipper pocket right in the middle, one thing I like is the clean looking design of the older styles. 

that zip across just ruins the look for me,  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that those huge D & B initials are overkill.  this looks particularly silly on smaller bags.  I would remove.

Honored Contributor

I only carry D & B larger bags (totes) and I think the initials look fine on a larger bag.  They're removeable so you can sell them on Ebay if you don't like it.

Honored Contributor

Of all the logos Dooney has used, the small leather embossed duck is the only one I like. I've come to dislike brand names splayed across a bag. I don't think I've noticed the new hang tags but perhaps they're removable. That would work for me, assuming there's no other brand designation on the bag itself.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Tuffcookie wrote:

I'm with you, @Tuffcookie .  In addition, I dislike the dumb Dooney duck.  I'm happy to buy an attractive, well-made bag, but I've always felt that if the manufacturer wants to splash its logo on the item, it should be giving me a discount for the free advertising!

Respected Contributor

I like the new leather Dooney logo instead of the gold-tone logo.  On two bags I own, a few of the screws came off the metal logo.  It is very obvious too.  So I prefer the leather ones.

Honored Contributor

I don't like that gigantic hang tag either.  I don't like hang tags in general, actually.  My favorite Dooney logo is the leather one featured on most of the Florentine bags.

Super Contributor

I really like the new letter logo on the dooney bags.  Its a new, modern look.  Just waitlisted the new drawstring bag.  Have a few dooney's and like them all.