Respected Contributor

I love my Brahmin bags but don't like any of these that are shown.  Am glad I bought mine before the recent price increases. I probably won't be buying another one, unless I can find one I love on Ebay at a greatly reduced price.

Trusted Contributor

Hi,  I don't own any Brahmin bags but I am considering one from the Nordstrom anniversary sale. It is Nordstrom exclusive but looks exactly like the brinley.  I'm just curious what you think of this style for someone that dresses extremely casually?   I have a similar bag by Kate spade and love it but it's leather flap with buffalo check/plaid which  makes it perfect with jeans. I've always admired Brahmin but most I've seen in stores have been larger than I like to carry. appreciate your thoughts. I never carry any of my Donney bags anymore and seem to stick with orany or kate spade recently so this is a sleeker look especially because Of the crocodile/animal textures. Tia

Honored Contributor

@equss wrote:

Hi,  I don't own any Brahmin bags but I am considering one from the Nordstrom anniversary sale. It is Nordstrom exclusive but looks exactly like the brinley.  I'm just curious what you think of this style for someone that dresses extremely casually?   I have a similar bag by Kate spade and love it but it's leather flap with buffalo check/plaid which  makes it perfect with jeans. I've always admired Brahmin but most I've seen in stores have been larger than I like to carry. appreciate your thoughts. I never carry any of my Donney bags anymore and seem to stick with orany or kate spade recently so this is a sleeker look especially because Of the crocodile/animal textures. Tia

@equss- I just took a look at the bags.  Very pretty. 

To answer your question- I live a very casual life. Jeans and some sort of top every day. In the summer, Toms shoes of some sort to go with what I'm wearing. I have several Brahmins, mostly the Medium Asher or Medium Arno styles because I like a short shoulder purse.  I carry them when I'm wearing jeans all the time.  Some of the purses are pretty dressy. They look fine with what I'm wearing. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much @gidgetgh for the reply. I'm drawn to the two tone one but I'm hoping the the lighter section is more gray toned even though they call it ivory. The Brahmin site doesn't have any ivory so I'm not able to compare. The bag isn't necessarily my style but for some reason I think it's different enough I may like it 

Honored Contributor

@equss wrote:

Thanks so much @gidgetgh for the reply. I'm drawn to the two tone one but I'm hoping the the lighter section is more gray toned even though they call it ivory. The Brahmin site doesn't have any ivory so I'm not able to compare. The bag isn't necessarily my style but for some reason I think it's different enough I may like it 

@equss- you're welcome. Brahmin makes a terrific purse. You know.... I carry what I want to carry. Today I'm carrying a Kooba, parrot yellow purse. Next week it will be a Brahmin. Week after that, probably a Kipling. I change every week. Life is short. Carry the purse that makes your heart sing. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@equss wrote:

@equss- you're welcome. Brahmin makes a terrific purse. You know.... I carry what I want to carry. Today I'm carrying a Kooba, parrot yellow purse. Next week it will be a Brahmin. Week after that, probably a Kipling. I change every week. Life is short. Carry the purse that makes your heart sing. 

Agreed!  I'm going for it!  Thx

Super Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

IMG_7986.JPGI went and visited the Brahmin's today at Dillard's. As my friend and I came off the escalator, which is where the Brahmin's are, my friend said "look at that one!"  And I walked right over to it and that was that.  It's the first one I had pictured on my original post and the one I was most interested in seeing in person. 

I also saw the second one.  I didn't care for it. Oh, also saw the fourth one. I didn't care for it either. 

So here's my new purchase.  I'm thrilled with it. 

IMG_7985.JPG

Really pretty!  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

I own a few beautiful Brahmin bags that I love.  THese will not be joining my collection.

Trusted Contributor

Not liking these at all.  I own one from a few years  ago the rest of my closet is filled with Kate Spade which I consider works of art and one of the best quality bags and wallets out there!

Trusted Contributor

I received the Brahmin Simone in the black/gray from Nordstrom and it is a beautiful bag. The description says black ivory but the pic is accurate it is actually black and a very pretty gray. The anniversary price was a great deal. The only hesitation I ha e is I'm not sure about the high gloss but I'm leaning more toward keeping than returning.  I see it's back in stock after selling out so suspect they'd honor the sale price for awhile.