Contributor

Need suggestions for a mommy bag.

Hi ladies,

I have been looking these few days for a crossbody bag that I would carry everyday. I have 2 boys: 8 years and my other son just turned 2 years old and I've been carrying a diaper bag, but now want to sort of down size. I want the bag to be fashionable and would like it to have pockets on out side to put my phone,sanitizer and also fit a few diapers, wipes case, wallet, my youngest drink cup. I have seen the fossil bags, but they look like they would be long on me, I'm 5ft.

Any help and suggestions would be Greatly appreciated...Thank you all so much!!!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for a mommy bag.

[ Edited ]

I highly recommend the brand Kipling!On you tube you can watch videos of many  styles packed for use as diaper bag,toddler bag,etc. These  might be good. ...Defea,Sady,Kyler,and Sherpa. I own the Defea and the Sherpa. I love  them both so much. I have many Kipling badge and the quality is superb and they are so lightweight. They come in colors and patterns,are easy to keep clean,and have very adjustable straps. The d Defea is one I always use for travel. It's a perfect crossbody that holds everything i need and then some. I got all mine at Amazon and Ebay. You tube has the best  ideas on packing these bags and the show them on a real person.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LittleT Just came back from the Nordstrom sale and saw several really cute ones there. You might check them out online. You can search "baby bag." Sale through tomorrow.

Super Contributor

For a casual look, I always recommend Vera Bradley for their ultimate organization and fun patterns....for a more sophisticated feel, MZ Wallace bags are amazing!! I would suggest taking a look at your local TJMaxx...they offer alot of great handbags in all price rangesSmiley Happy

Contributor

Thank you all so very much!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You don't mention your price range. Kate Spade has great bags (I own 5 or 6 of them) and only one is not a crossbody.  It sounds like you need a medium crossbody bag and you want something that will last.  Like I said, Kate Spade and Coach and check out their sale items online or if you are near an outlet store.  Good luck.

Cat HappyCat Happy

P.S.  I was looking at OrYany bags and came across two that may work for you.

261744 is $109 and offers lots of color choices plus it is crossbody or hand held and then there is a254258 (the sane bag but less color choices(; however, free S&H and the priceis $129.  Check it out.   I don't know your taste but actually it's a nice looking bag rather fun.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Someone already mentioned Vera Bradley, so I would just like to add that if you're not into prints you can shop their microfiber line.  The black microfiber is quite sophisticated looking.

Trusted Contributor

Hey Little T!  Or should I say Little Mommy?  Smiley Happy  I know they're a bit pricey but I HIGHLY recommend any bag from the Aimee Kestenberg line here at QVC.  She's a hot name in the industry and is known for making super-stylish bags in crazy- soft leather that are known for smart organization.  She's got a great assortment of cross-bodies.  I hope you're able to find the right bag for you whatever you decide!  Smiley Happy   

Honored Contributor

Check out llbean.com

I use a Healthy back pack when I have the grandbabies. It is easy to carry and has great organization. There are some ideas at that website.

Totes are always nice but I like something that I can put over my shoulder so I can hold hands.