Honored Contributor

Need Advice on Vera Bradley Bag

Hi everyone,

I received this for my December birthday. As I am changing from my Christmas bag, I wonder if this pattern and color will work for January. Or should I wait until early spring? I usually carry a navy blue bag. Can you give me your advice? TIA!   Smiley Happy

16BAC79F-07D0-48DD-859F-82699101AB21.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Advice on Vera Bradley Bag

Where do you live?  If I were in a cold climate, I would save it for spring.  But if it's 70 degrees where you are, why not??

Honored Contributor

It looks very Springy to me regardless of the temperature.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'd save it until spring.

Honored Contributor

I would carry it in the spring, not in the winter.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom I spent most of my life in Southern California and never followed seasonal "rules". I wore what I wanted, when I wanted and the same goes for my purses.

If you like it, use it. Doesn't matter the time of year!

Esteemed Contributor

Last year January was a tough month so I switched to a pink bag as a pick me up!  The fashion police didn't arrest me and I doubt they would come after you if you wanted to take your lovely birthday gift out and about.

DISCLAIMER:

I still can't wear white pants before Memorial day and after Labor Day. So deeply embedded in me I would feel I disrespected and disappointed my Mom, God rest her soul.  LOL

Respected Contributor

Unless you live in Florida, that bag looks like it's for Spring.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom   That is a beautiful pattern on the bag.  I am just about the only one I know who changes her bag just about everyday depending on what I am wearing.

I wear darker clothes in winter usually, but I also wear the colors in this bag in the winter too.  We do have a normal, cold but moderately so, and some snowy winter.

I would wear that bag every season depending on what I am wearing that day as I coordinate my bag with my clothes.

Being that you said you are changing from your Christmas bag and that you carry a navy blue one sounds like you use the same bag all the time.  If so, in that case if you are planning to use it as your everyday bag, spring/summer woud work better for you.  Not for me tho, I would already have worn some winter outfit that would go with those colors and would have already used it.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona and rules don't mean much around here. If you like it wear it.