Valued Contributor

My recent Dooney TSV bag was shipped via

FedEx smart post!! I didn't even think QVC used them??  I miss the days that we could choose our own carrier of choice.  Especially when with handbags they don't use the $3.00 shipping...  Is FedEx faster then the USPS? 

Respected Contributor

Re: My recent Dooney TSV bag was shipped via

[ Edited ]

I just received a package with Fedex smartpost and it shipped 9/9 and it was out for delivery on 9/12. I thought that was pretty fast. Smartpost added a day. Shipped via UPS I would of received it on 9/11.

I'm in NYC and it seems my package shipped from NJ according to the tracking, which is nearby. For over $11 for shipping QVC should of used UPS!!!!!!  Mine shipped Fedex Smartpost but it was at the $3.00 for a beauty item!!!

~Live with Intention~
Valued Contributor

Hmmmm..... Mine is originating from Suffolk, Virginia.  Hope it doesn't take a million years! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Wow, lucky you! I think FedEx is more professional and definitely faster (IMO). Give had packages arrive from both ups and the USPS that have been pretty banged up. Some of the plastic bags they send clothing in with boot prints on them! Then in my area at least, they started this thing where UPS delivers to the USPS and, they then deliver it home, crazy concept. If I was offered a choice~FEDEX would be mine!

Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit wrote:

Wow, lucky you! I think FedEx is more professional and definitely faster (IMO). Give had packages arrive from both ups and the USPS that have been pretty banged up. Some of the plastic bags they send clothing in with boot prints on them! Then in my area at least, they started this thing where UPS delivers to the USPS and, they then deliver it home, crazy concept. If I was offered a choice~FEDEX would be mine!

She said FedEx SmartPost, not FedEx. SmartPost is the service where FedEx gets it to the USPS and the USPS delivers it to your door. It's not the same as just FedEx and is exactly what you're complaining about UPS doing.

Occasional Contributor

Really dislike Smart Post either via USPS or Fedex.  Vera Bradley uses it as do many other major online stores.  In my area, it always adds extra days to shipping time.  Obviously, it saves the vendor money.

Valued Contributor

Yea, for over $11.00 I think it should not ship the slowest method! 

If they did the flat rate $3.00 I could see they would have to do that but really.... 

Spoiler
Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

I suppose speed varies both between and within carriers. I've had really fast service and really slow service from all of them. I think part of the delay is when carriers then hand off final delivery to the USPS or some other entity. I recently had a delivery (Fedex) coming from the west coast, which made things slow enough, but the item appeared to sit in a Fedex facilty for several days before it actually shipped. Then, it appeared to take almost a full week to get across the county. They handed it off to the USPS, who then took another two days to actually deliver it... All told, the shipment took about ten days, which I thought was too long.

I'm not ordering as much here as I once did, but did prefer being able to select shipping services. For the cheaper shipping where it applies, I might opt for it, but where it doesn't apply, I'd almost certainly pick UPS... The good news is that sometimes they appear to pick UPS too. I suppose it is what it is...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Smart Post takes longer to get to me.  I don't think any of the carriers are a good as they used to be, so the most we can hope from them is speed.straight face

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Smart Post takes longer to get to me.  I don't think any of the carriers are a good as they used to be, so the most we can hope from them is speed.straight face

... and not be particularly surprised when we don't even get that...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...