Honored Contributor

Re: My new Dooney & Bourke handbag...

[ Edited ]

Thank you @Daisy Sunflower@Q4u and @hicindy2  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

The D&B Florentine Barlow in 'sage' I returned, I called the D&B CS up and told them I decided not to have it replaced with another of the same bag - same color. I just felt it would be difficult to believe there would be one without the same issue since they were being made in the same manufacturing location. 

So I decided to get a QVC 'As Is' Florentine Toscana Lg Crossbody Hobo...in 'natural' (A292881)...and it's perfect! Nothing is missing, all the protective bits still in place, with the dust bag and registration card...couldn't be happier! 

Over the years I must have bought 10-12 QVC 'As Is' D&B handbags/totes and have never had to send any back...all perfect and I feel quite fortunate Smiley Happy

natural.jpg

I LOVE the strap! I noticed several folks found it to cheapen the bag. I, on the other hand find it to make the bag look more expensive...adding a European style. The strap is also very well made - quality...nothing cheap about it whatsoever! I filled the bag up and it is so comfortable on my shoulder...wearing it either cross body or just over the shoulder. Too bad this bag didn't come in black, but quite content with the 'natural'.

Oh yes, and before I forget to mention, the bag smells GREAT...like it should...like leather, not chemicals like that sage florentine barlow...

Lastly, I highly recommend!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm one who used to think the strap cheapened the look of the bag. After thinking it over, I realized I spent a ton more for my LV bags & they're "coated" leather. So I changed my mind. Love your bag and since D&B bags last forever, you'll have lots of years to enjoy it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

The D&B Florentine Barlow in 'sage' I returned, I called the D&B CS up and told them I decided not to have it replaced with another of the same bag - same color. I just felt it would be difficult to believe there would be one without the same issue since they were being made in the same manufacturing location. 

So I decided to get a QVC 'As Is' Florentine Toscana Lg Crossbody Hobo...in 'natural' (A292881)...and it's perfect! Nothing is missing, all the protective bits still in place, with the dust bag and registration card...couldn't be happier! 

Over the years I must have bought 10-12 QVC 'As Is' D&B handbags/totes and have never had to send any back...all perfect and I feel quite fortunate Smiley Happy

natural.jpg

I LOVE the strap! I noticed several folks found it to cheapen the bag. I, on the other hand find it to make the bag look more expensive...adding a European style. The strap is also very well made - quality...nothing cheap about it whatsoever! I filled the bag up and it is so comfortable on my shoulder...wearing it either cross body or just over the shoulder. Too bad this bag didn't come in black, but quite content with the 'natural'.

Oh yes, and before I forget to mention, the bag smells GREAT...like it should...like leather, not chemicals like that sage florentine barlow...

Lastly, I highly recommend!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm one who used to think the strap cheapened the look of the bag. After thinking it over, I realized I spent a ton more for my LV bags & they're "coated" leather. So I changed my mind. Love your bag and since D&B bags last forever, you'll have lots of years to enjoy it.

Classic LV Bags are COATED CANVASS.  Not coated leather @Shanus

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis. My mistake. I meant coated canvas & leather. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

For those that bought this 'as is' crossbody D&B bag within the past 30 days, make sure you call up CS and get a refund for the difference! The original 'as is' price was $291...it is now $239...about 47% off the original price...

SAWHEET! I just called CS and got my refund of the difference  km0126.gif

22Untitled.jpg