Honored Contributor

My new Dooney & Bourke handbag...

[ Edited ]

The D&B Florentine Barlow in 'sage' I returned, I called the D&B CS up and told them I decided not to have it replaced with another of the same bag - same color. I just felt it would be difficult to believe there would be one without the same issue since they were being made in the same manufacturing location. 

So I decided to get a QVC 'As Is' Florentine Toscana Lg Crossbody Hobo...in 'natural' (A292881)...and it's perfect! Nothing is missing, all the protective bits still in place, with the dust bag and registration card...couldn't be happier! 

Over the years I must have bought 10-12 QVC 'As Is' D&B handbags/totes and have never had to send any back...all perfect and I feel quite fortunate Smiley Happy

natural.jpg

I LOVE the strap! I noticed several folks found it to cheapen the bag. I, on the other hand find it to make the bag look more expensive...adding a European style. The strap is also very well made - quality...nothing cheap about it whatsoever! I filled the bag up and it is so comfortable on my shoulder...wearing it either cross body or just over the shoulder. Too bad this bag didn't come in black, but quite content with the 'natural'.

Oh yes, and before I forget to mention, the bag smells GREAT...like it should...like leather, not chemicals like that sage florentine barlow...

Lastly, I highly recommend!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: My new Dooney & Bourke handbag...

@Susan Louise

Glad you're happy with this bag!

I have several older Florentine crossbodies with this strap and I love them!

The strap is so comfortable on the shoulder and it's not at all like typical 'canvas' straps.

It's so soft, not stiff like typical canvas straps and they still look like new after all of these years!

I don't think it "cheapens" the look at all.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise Congratulations on your Dooney & Bourke handbag! I'm glad you received a 'good one' at the as-is price! I, too, like the straps on these bags. They look more comfortable and give the bag an upscale air. Woman Happy Sounds good that you didn't try another sage bag! 

Enjoy it, EEL 

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  Your new bag is gorgeous.  I'm envious as it's just what I'd choose.  Use it in good health. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thank you  @KingstonsMom, @EdithEllenLily and @Kachina624  Smiley Happy

@KingstonsMom  Wow! I didn't realize D&B made this type of strap before...thinking this was the 1st one...good to know!

Honored Contributor

I surmise from surfing the 'net that the "in" thing now is to use fancy embroidered or woven guitar straps on handbags, which you could easily do on yours.  I think they'd make a cute look and of course they're not permanent.  Love the silver hardware on your bag. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

After buying D&B's and hating those skinny little shoulder strap - I finally bought one with the strap you are showing.  It's the most comfortable strap for the shoulder - - but I hate the bag cuz it's almost luggage size.  There is no excuse for D&B to sell high priced bags with leather scraps to make the straps. I don't buy anymore of their products but will give my vote to this wider, non leather strap.

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice! Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

That's a GORGEOUS handbag~!  Enjoy in great health!!

I just received the Florentine Toscana Side Zip in Natural and it's also gorgeous.  Seriously, these are high end handbags.  I also love the strap and find many of these "web" straps on Louis Vuitton pieces.  Don't find it cheap whatsoever, and very comfortable.

Wherever I go carrying this beautiful bag, I waft a leather scent....  it's heady and I've missed it.....   Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise  Lovely Bag !!  Great Find...really like the strap.  Looks more comfortable than a thin strap that digs into your shoulder.