Esteemed Contributor

Re: My new Dooney Kingston 💕

@QuinnPenny .. I also have the Dooney Clayton (in chestnut) which is very similar to the Kingston.  I purchased the Clayton in a Dooney outlet store in Delaware for 1/2 price.  Couldn't pass it up.

B2419D_SCCSSCCS.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector I think the Clayton might well be the last Dooney bag I felt absolutely compelled to own... I got it in black. I purchased other Dooney bags after that, though none recently, but I think that was the last one I really did covet... Larger bag and heavy, but a very good bag...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector I think the Clayton might well be the last Dooney bag I felt absolutely compelled to own... I got it in black. I purchased other Dooney bags after that, though none recently, but I think that was the last one I really did covet... Larger bag and heavy, but a very good bag...

@stevieb ....  I don't even remember the last time I purchased a Dooney. It MIGHT have been one of the Logo Locks.  Even that was a few years ago.  Haven't seen any recently that I would be even remotely interested in purchasing.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector I've seen a few I liked, but not enough to pay the price...

Smiley Wink

So many choices out there. Never having been a 'one trick pony', I've never really been a brand loyalist. I like more variety and don't have much desire to have dozens of similar bags that all pretty much look alike...

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Bohemian Collector,  I also love your Clayton and debated about getting that one.  I did buy the Kingston in Florentine in black and red years ago,  but they are heavier than this new one.  This new smooth leather Kingston, it’s only 2.2 lbs.  I’m so glad you love your Clayton, and if it comes in this lighter smooth leather, I’ll buy it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QuinnPenny wrote:

Bohemian Collector,  I also love your Clayton and debated about getting that one.  I did buy the Kingston in Florentine in black and red years ago,  but they are heavier than this new one.  This new smooth leather Kingston, it’s only 2.2 lbs.  I’m so glad you love your Clayton, and if it comes in this lighter smooth leather, I’ll buy it.

@QuinnPenny ....  I really like the Kingston in the smooth leather.   But at $372.86 I just can't justify getting another one since I already have it in the Florentine Leather.  However DH and I are going back to the Tanger Outlets in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware sometime this summer.  I will stop in the Dooney outlet store and see if they have it.   I got my Clayton there at 1/2 price.  

Valued Contributor

Bohemian collector, I hope you can find it, and have a fun trip