Respected Contributor

My Stone Mountain Handbag story.

[ Edited ]

About two weeks ago I received an email from Stone Mountain stating that they were having a sale on their handbags.  They were offering a deal where you purchased one handbag and you could get a second one of a lesser price at no charge.  They were also offering free shipping.  

Since my everyday Crossbody bag was starting to show wear I thought I would purchase a couple of new ones.  With two for the price of one I figured I couldn't go wrong.

On Friday my order arrived.  I couldn't wait to see what they looked like in person.  When I opened the box my first thought was these bags are much larger than I thought they would be.  I had ordered both black but one of them was a flowered pattern.  

They were also both shoulder bags not crossbody bags.

I picked up the invoice to check and noticed that the invoice belonged to a different buyer.  I live in Washington State and she lives in Iowa.  

I tried to call them and just got voice mail.  I decided I could best explain the error by sending them an email.  Since it was Friday I thought I would most likely not hear back from them until Monday, at the earliest.  

Within just 15 minutes of sending them the email I received a call from them.  The customer rep was very apologetic about the mistake and said he just notified the shipping department to immediately send me the correct order by air freight.  He said he also credited my CC in the amount of $15.00 to cover my time and aggravation in having to mail the incorrect order back to them. 

I really appreciated that and didn't really expect it.  Although I'll never know, I wonder if the lady in Iowa received my order and I received hers.  

With so many complaints of poor customer service in businesses today I wanted to speak up about how well I was treated by Stone Mountain.  

I understand mistakes can happen and I did not take out my frustration on the customer service rep.  I was polite and in return I was treated the same.  

Honored Contributor

Re: My Stone Mountain Handbag story.

I appreciate you sharing your story, good customer service is so important, it can make or break a company. That being said, I have worn Stone Mt bags since forever, they are wonderful quality.  I even like the canvas ones for the summer. 

Respected Contributor

Wow, I'm impressed with the Customer Service department at Stone Mountain.  I hope you continue to patronize them.  Years ago, Stone Mountain was a vendor on QVC.  I owned a few of their bags.  They are very good quality and very resonably priced bags.  I also still have a couple of their full-sized wallets.  They are excellent quality with lots of organization; just what I like.   Good information you gave us, OP, thanks!

Super Contributor

They were good quality bags.  I miss them on the Q.

Honored Contributor

Refreshing!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Just wanted to give a little update to my story.   I mailed the bags back to Stone Mt. on Saturday and on Monday morning I received an email from them stating that they credited my CC for the return shipping charges and a $15.00 courtesy credit due to their mistake.  

Yesterday I received the right handbags and I just love them.   I could not believe how promptly they mailed the right bags.  The rep put the order in on Friday and on Wednesday morning I had the right bags in my hand.

Considering all that is going on with slow shipping due to the pandemic I really appreciated that they went the extra mile and lived up to their word.