Respected Contributor

I hope it lives up to the hype........I've been disappointed a couple of times with Gili bags, so hoping they uped their game!! 

Frequent Contributor

Re: My Roma 5 has shipped!!!!

Just got my Roma 5 in the tan color... I really like the feel of the leather but all the patterning on the sections is totally mismatched.. Don't exactly know how to explain it but looking back on the pictures  online, there are two types of patterning and the patterning is not balanced.. will decide about keeping it soon.. But I do love the feel of the leather.. Not as hard and stiff as the ostrich ones...

Super Contributor

Not a fan of Gili nothing special looks like a big black hole that lock key fringe is not new or exclusive to Jill or Gili so she ,Jill should stop wasting time talking about it. MK has had a key as a detail on his handbags since their inception. In addition no detail or added design and way overpriced
Honored Contributor

The lock and key has been around for years. I suspect it started with the high end bags like LV and Hermes, but at this point, even some of the thirty dollar bags one sees at TJ Maxx have them. It's nothing special.  Then again, I wasn't a fan of that huge tassle they used to have on the Gili bags, though I know some adored them. As for this incarnation of the Roma, I did love the green color, but have sort of decided the Roma was a place in time and I'm no longer so interested. Had they continued to offer this silhouette rather than discontinuing it and then bringing it back, I think they'd have enjoyed more success. It's usually best to sustain interest rather than to try to revive it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...