Respected Contributor

@ECBG .... I haven't seen Vicki for a couple of years (I'm in south Florida).  Her bags are beautiful and feel delicious!  How do non-friends become her models?  LOL  Enjoy your bag.

Respected Contributor

@Graydoxiechick wrote:

A beautiful deer had to die for that attrostrophy

@GraydoxiechickHunting deer is necessary to stop overpopulation. Yes, for animal lovers like me, it is better than starvation and disease that so many die from.

Here in Missouri, many deer are used to help the very poor people.

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@ECBG .... I haven't seen Vicki for a couple of years (I'm in south Florida).  Her bags are beautiful and feel delicious!  How do non-friends become her models?  LOL  Enjoy your bag.

@ItsMEI follow the crafts of the Appalachian Mountains because of my heritage.  I walked into a store, Allenstand Crafts when I was in my teens.  I loved everything and asked my dad about it.  I am the great granddaughter of one of one of the top craftsmen, which is where part of my talent in Interior Design had come from.

I always try to go to the Fair in July and December at the civic center and loved her long tassel belt and got one.  At the next show, five months later, I stopped and talked for a short while.  The following year I was volunteering and covered her lunch. I would stay all day, but she's working. 

We became friends and I have helped her set up in a small town near by, have sold for her when she had an event to attend in the next state, and we have been out to dinner when she's here.

She's a sweetheart!

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your bag @ECBG. Deer skin  is a beautiful leather

Respected Contributor

love your new bag, ... it looks SO SOFT !!! 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG ... Nice!  I love fine, handmade crafts.  My family started going to ACC shows when I was a teenager, and I go to every show I can.  I tell people... I don't smoke.  I don't drink.  I do craft fairs!  

I think it's been a couple years since I saw Vicki.  I know it was at the Boca Museum craft fair.

Regular Contributor

Beautiful bag.  Enjoy

Respected Contributor

I was never a fan of deer hunting, until a hunter explained to me that they are only allowed to kill so many in NYS. We had the Bambi discussion and he said they do not shoot Bambi and his mom. 

The world is a complex place.

What I find is crazy is that people will bend over backwards to be "vegan" (cough, plastic, vinyl usually) bags to be kind to animals.  This poison hurts the animals. In addition,  think of the poor person exposed to the chemicals. They make very little money and the poison hurts the air and groundwater. And can't really repair "vegan" leather goods. 

Sadly,some person may have to die to make a plastic purse, shoes, etc.. Just so some people can feel good about saving an animal. 

The two go hand in hand. Have respect for people and you'll have respect for animals and their place.

Honored Contributor

Cool bag.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Latest Handbag

[ Edited ]

@Graydoxiechick wrote:

A beautiful deer had to die for that attrostrophy

I think you probably mean atrocity and while I'm a firm believer in each to their own. I'd be inclined to agree that I don't care for the look of this bag... The only thing positive I can say is that it does appear to be very soft... That said, I know the OP posts, from time to time, about these bags, so must enjoy them... Personally, I've looked at options on the artisan's website and don't care for the style she promotes... As with anything, different strokes...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...