Honored Contributor

For anyone that isn't familiar with them this is a company that supposedly sells at a discount.

Last spring I bought 2 Oryany handbags there at great prices.  I've used both of them and I was well pleased.

On January 16th, I ordered a Cynthia Rowley handbag online for $86 regularly priced (so it said) $345, $3.99 shipping.  I received the bag a day and a half after I order it...came on a Sunday.  I was impressed at how fast it came and it looked good.

Yesterday, I decided to use it so I put a few things in it and walked toward the door.  The strap broke!  Today it's boxed up to be returned.

My question is this:  has anyone here ordered from them?  Was it just a fluke that this bag was a lemon or did I just happened to get two nice bags the first time?  I heard that this company is connected to Amazon.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

I just brought 4 scarves and a hat from MY Habit. The company is owned by Amazon, and they do take returns back in 14 days.

So enjoy your handbags.

Trusted Contributor

I think I've only ordered a couple of things from MH--one was a pair of Tahari booties and they are great quality--so maybe it's an issue with the quality of the Cynthia Rowley brand.  I've had shoes from the brand (not the TJ Maxx or Marshalls made-for-outlet version), and they were beautiful and wore like iron, but I've never purchased a handbag.  Maybe you just received a lemon.

Honored Contributor

Well, I went to the UPS store this morning and returned the bag.  It was easy because My Habit issued me a return label.  Because it was defective, I'm supposed to be able to exchange it if there is another in stock (which I doubt because it was a sold-out bag) or be issued a refund.  I'd like the refund because I'm thinking any exchange they send me will be a returned bag.

I have to say that I really don't like their 14 days to return policy.  Sometimes I buy a bag and don't use it for months.  Suppose I was in the Northeast or someplace where there is blizzard snow conditions and couldn't get out for another week; I've had the bag a week already.  

This bag looked perfect when I opened the box but upon putting stuff in it, the strap broke and it wasn't even that full...wallet, glasses, Dramamine, comb, ink pen and tissue.  Suppose I was in the Northeast or someplace where there is blizzard snow conditions.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie... I started out being very enamored of MH, but the dew quickly fell off the rose... First, their true sales are far and few between and while some of their prices are good, some aren't all that... I've found many items they sell for less elsewhere. Their CS is uneven and like you, I think that return policy stinks... They also don't seem to turn merchandise over very quickly and I'm still seeing some of the same things on their site that have been there for over a year... I also find they often tout their 'events' when they actually have very little stock and some of the most desirable items sell out in minutes... I also note they often feature things in their emails or on their product page banners that is never shown or if it is shown is sold out... I'm not the fan I once was.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: My Habit Handbags

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie  IMO you got a lemon. I love MYHabit. I've bought several purses etc. with no issues. Most merchandise is completely new. 

I just bought two bags from them recently and both came perfectly wrapped. It's true that things sell out fast sometimes but I like that once an item is in your cart it's reserved and no one else can buy it. I've never had any issues with there being one item left for example and being told there was no stock. 

I think it was just bad luck that the purse strap broke. It can happen when we purchase a purse from any retailer, online of not. If the purse looked new and unused, MYH should not be blamed IMO. In this case,  I would find there to be an issue with the Cynthia Rowley bag and not MYH since they are simply selling merchandise manufactured by other companies.  I would call CS and explain the situation. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I'd also note, @Mmsfoxxie, that on no fewer than three occasions I've ordered items that were 'in stock' when ordered and had to wait weeks because they might or might not be able to actually ship them... Fortunately, all three items arrived. On the other hand, I've ordered and been shipped the wrong color item on one occasion and was also supposedly issued a 'gift' credit that never showed up... I also had to request a return label twice before it actually arrived. Just a few weeks ago I also went to use a discount code that wouldn't go through... On the other hand, they are very good about crediting your account for returns and returns are processed quickly.

It is what it is... It's worth checking out from time to time, but as noted earlier, it's no longer a preferred shopping destination for me. As for your bag, I too suspect it was just the bag and not necessarily indicative of their overall operation.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb and @NycVixen, thanks for your input experiences.

It definitely was a new bag....Every part was well wrapped with tissue paper.  No purse cover but that was fine because this was going to be my black go to purse.

I might give them another try if they credit me without deducting shipping charges.  The only negative so far was that the strap broke and broke so easily as if inferior quality.  But I've never had a bag come in a day and a half not to mention a Sunday delivery!

The purse was sold out. I got the last one so I expect a refund.  Thank God for conveniently located UPS stores!

Oh, @stevieb, I was able to print out my return label so no waiting involved.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@stevieb and @NycVixen, thanks for your input experiences.

It definitely was a new bag....Every part was well wrapped with tissue paper.  No purse cover but that was fine because this was going to be my black go to purse.

I might give them another try if they credit me without deducting shipping charges.  The only negative so far was that the strap broke and broke so easily as if inferior quality.  But I've never had a bag come in a day and a half not to mention a Sunday delivery!

The purse was sold out. I got the last one so I expect a refund.  Thank God for conveniently located UPS stores!

Oh, @stevieb, I was able to print out my return label so no waiting involved.

Yep @Mmsfoxxie, I've printed then out too... At the time I requested they send them, my printer was on the blink, so I didn't think it would be a big deal, but apparently it was. The second request actually arrived in a reasonable time-frame and the first arrived after the second. Go figure... To their credit, they didn't make a big deal of missing the two week return period given that they had to mail me the label twice.

Honored Contributor

Good news for me....My Habit gave me a complete credit to my credit card for the defective handbag.  I was concerned that they might keep my original shipping.  Shipping was only $3.95 but it would have been the principle of the matter.  And they did it quickly.  Sooo, if I see something else that I like, I won't hesitate to order it.  Thanks for letting me share.