Honored Contributor

Re: My Aimee Kestenberg Lulu Hobo in Pewter arrived ( photos)

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Thanks @Doxielover 

I've been carrying this bag since I got it and I love it so much I'm seriously thinking I need to get it in Sangria. I carried it today and wore my black knee high lace up combat boots and a mid calf length black dress. It was raining so I didn't want to wear the pewter suede boots as I haven't treated them. I'm afraid to treat the suede with water repellent and mess up the metallic finish.  

@jaxs mom Your outfit sounds very cool! You are wild wanting another one. And you are driving me wild. Now I'm thinking about one of these handbags...but since I've been rather wild with ordering myself, I have to think about it a lot before going for it. Keep us posted if you order it in sangria! I have the sangria in the recent AK TSV and the color is gorgeous...a deep oxblood maroon, just slightly lighter than the Etienne Aigner classic oxblood colored leather. 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily Your description of the sangria color sounds to beautiful. Sometimes it's hard to tell how a color will look in person because the stage lights are so strong when they present on air. I have some shoes that are that shade and really like them. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love how this bag is like the magic purse. It can just hold a couple things and look great or it can hold a lot and still look great. Plus it's naturally so light that you start off without much weight in the first place. Raining again today and I so I crammed in my dooney wristlet which I use as a wallet, my phone, two cosmetics bags ( I moved the stuff I normally keep in purse pockets into a second cosmetics bag until my organizer arrives), my travel phone charger, phone and my black lace umbrella which takes up a lot of space in it's own bag. I still have a little room left for a hat and gloves if I needed them. 

My normal daily carry bags wouldn't hold all that and my big bags are heavier and would have a ton of extra space with my normal items alone. For once I have a single bag that can do both and not seem too big or too small which being used at both ends of the spectrum. 

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I love how this bag is like the magic purse. It can just hold a couple things and look great or it can hold a lot and still look great. Plus it's naturally so light that you start off without much weight in the first place. Raining again today and I so I crammed in my dooney wristlet which I use as a wallet, my phone, two cosmetics bags ( I moved the stuff I normally keep in purse pockets into a second cosmetics bag until my organizer arrives), my travel phone charger, phone and my black lace umbrella which takes up a lot of space in it's own bag. I still have a little room left for a hat and gloves if I needed them. 

My normal daily carry bags wouldn't hold all that and my big bags are heavier and would have a ton of extra space with my normal items alone. For once I have a single bag that can do both and not seem too big or too small which being used at both ends of the spectrum. 

@jaxs mom Thank you, I'm following this thread for updates! Woman Wink This lulu looks better and better with your additional information. Still thinking about it, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom -- Your pewter Lulu is featured in Inspired Style! I'm going to watch, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I saw the presentation, it looked so good on tv, very true to how it looks in person. 

Honored Contributor

Wow, it surprised me how much larger it was than what I thought! It is a very cool handbag, especially in pewter. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

It is pretty good sized but it doesn't seem huge when carrying it. Probably because it's such a slouchy hobo style. It's not like my stuff is lost inside, and I don't carry that much. 

Honored Contributor

Cool bag!  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@NycVixen I followed your suggestion and used my upright garment steamer on the fringe and it worked fabulous. I did have to go over 2 stubborn spots a couple times but it worked perfectly. Thanks for posting it. I now feel sorry for the reviewers that returned their bags because of wrinkled fringe. This was such a quick and easy fix. It litterally took moments. 

Before

IMG_0279.jpg

After

IMG_0283.jpg

@jaxs mom For some reason I was not notified of this post. I just happened to stumble on it.

The bag looks so much better afterwards!! I'm so glad that my tip worked for you. That is sad that several others returned the bag due to wrinkled fringe. It's such an easy fix.

I know this due to working in the apparel industry and by having a large leather jacket collection. Sometimes, my new leather jackets would arrive with some areas wrinkled due to shipping. I found that it was just so easy to steam them out. When I began buying fringe bags it was the same issue and voila! they just come out. Also, as you use the bag the fringe may get wrinkled again when you set it down incorrectly etc. It's good to know that in a few moments you can keep the bag looking its best!!! 

~Live with Intention~