Honored Contributor

what style and brand do you think you can't live without for spring and summer.I see that the q has heavy leather with a lot of snake prints from their main designers.I would like to see some styles with a lightened up look...maybe I just don't know what is in but when it gets hot and humid I just want everything to have a light and airy feel.I have some Vera's but I get tired of the prints quickly....sort of like wearing the same floral shirt everyday.

Honored Contributor

Re: Must have style for 2016

I know that perforated handbags have been popular for the last few years, but l still haven't tired of them. They're lightweight and summery-looking. Here are a few pretty ones:

Vince Camuto:

image.jpeg

Kate Spade:

image.jpeg

Michael Kors:

image.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I like solid brights and pastels. I don't really care about what's in style this season because if I'm going to spend money on a good bag, I want to be able to use it for many years.

I'm in central Texas, where it's already been in the 80s many days this month. Because it's summer here more than not, I usually carry bags in aquas, bright teals, bright blues, etc. I have some darker colors and a neutral, but prefer the brights. I do have two cotton canvas print bags, both withs blues and whites.

Honored Contributor

Handy girl love all three of those bags.Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to invest in a straw bag from Brighton.  The leather handles, silver accents and better materials are worlds away from the old beach totes. 

London Groove Kinley Hobo

Eve Delight Eva Straw Tote

I also like what Coach is doing:  coated canvas

COACH NOLITA SATCHEL IN FLORAL PRINT PEBBLE LEATHER

Brighton is doing coated canvas also:

Bella Capri Bella Capri Gift Set

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Brighton is doing coated canvas also:

Bella Capri Bella Capri Gift Set

Ooohhh @hicindy2 ... I love this one! Heart

Trusted Contributor

This is the Coach bag I'm carrying right now. I'm a case by case, person, when it comes to skins, but, I got a super price on this retail bag, and it's so functional.  Very sharp looking, in person.  Beautiful leather, wonderfully finished.  Understated hardware, which works for this bag. 

For Spring/Summer, I know I'll bring out the new Dooney Islamorada Tote 🤓(Too lazy right now to check the spelling)

I also have a wonderful, Watermelon Coach Edie,that's a favorite, an OrYany in a so pretty, soft blush;wonderful leather, a coated cotton Coach satchel, that's an outlet bag, so cute and fresh for Summer with matching accessories---Oh mercy, now I'm off to do some closet surfing to bring out seasonal bags, And, that always makes me want more!  

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

All of the bags are perfect...such a hard choice.You are the best personal shoppers and thanks again.

Frequent Contributor

I have read that the "in" bag for Spring/Summer 2016 is the mini bag. 

Personally, I like them.  Trying to downsize my bags for the sake of my aching back and shoulders!  Since I started wearing a mini bag for shopping and going out for dinners or movies, I have found that I did not need to take everything but the kitchen sink with me! 

Love my little bags!  Easy to pack too!