Honored Contributor

Minimum # of Bags You Could Live With?

If you had to scale back your handbag collection, what is the minimum with which you could live?  

I have 7 handbags, and I could live with 2. I would want my black bag for all my black outfits, & my navy bag for navy outfits and printed tops with jeans. I carry my black and navy bags most often.

If I had a third choice I would select either my camel or light blush color handbag for outfits that my black & navy handbags might not work as well. 

Anyone else want to share? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Minimum # of Bags You Could Live With?

2 The one for everyday use & the pretty one used for dressy occasions.

Respected Contributor

Three.    One everyday, one little crossbody for travel, and one for evening/special occasions.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

One has been working fine for me most of my life.  When it gets worn out I buy a new one.  I rarely use one now since I retired and I just put my thin card carrier/wallet in my pocket and off I go.   

Esteemed Contributor

Considering the bags in my closet -- I'd like to keep one bag for each season (I'm thinking color) then small, gray, cross-body travel bag and black clutch for fancy. Scaling down to 6. I'm not a good minimalist when it comes to handbags. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I live in Florida, I could get away with probably 2, one being a neutral and 1 a color.  

Honored Contributor

I love handbags and have many.  If I had to scale down I would have one for each season, a crossbody for traveling and one that is alittle dressier for dressing up.  

Respected Contributor

I've never been much of a purse lover.  Only carry one when I have to.  I mainly use one of three small crossbody bags...one black, one navy, and one a blue and white flower print.  All three are hung on the coatrack inside my front door so I can easily grab which one I want to use.

For the few times I need to carry a lot of stuff I have a few larger bags...but they are seldom used.

Honored Contributor

If I had to scale back I wouldn't. 😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Two.  Summer and winter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment