Super Contributor

Re: Michael Kors To Close More Stores As Handbag Sales Tank

It's like swinging a stick in a pinata factory around here.. Can't turn around without seeing MK everywhere.

TJM and Marshalls are full of them. 

I have some of their blouses, but no bags. I don't care for the canvas initial and the leather bags seem to be so heavy.

I've only seen one I'd consider. It was a small lightweight leather satchel with no bold branding. Just didn't "need" it. 

But when do we really "need" another bag. Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@Blingqueen023  I don't own any MK bags either.  The ones that I've seen in the stores weren't appealing to me.

Respected Contributor

I never had any interest in the brand because I don't care for the man and the bags were a little too busy for my taste.

However, I was searching around on eBay for a nice larger size black hobo and my search returned the Michael Kors Frances hobo as an option.  I was able to snag one from an auction for $85 earlier this spring, and it has turned into my go-to bag.  It has a generous shoulder strap, a top handle that sits easily on my shoulder, and the leather quality is excellent.

I would prefer something other than the shiny black lining and it came with a god-awful short, squat, noisy tassel that I immediatley removed.  But once the tassel was off, I found that the bag accommodates everything I need to carry and it is very modern looking.  Removing the tassel also removed the "MK" embellishment, and so now I have a great looking black hobo with sleek lines and I'm not advertising any brand.  I like it that way.