Respected Contributor

Material in Lug backs..how does it feel?

I see a Lug bag that would tick off all my needs (Samba) and would love to know the feel of these bags.  I have picked up cloth type bags in stores and they can seem so stiff and rough. I bought a Vera BradIey and wanted to wash it with some fabric softener. I bought a Travelon bag once from QVC and it was so cheap and crinkley like a plastic/nylon thing. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Material in Lug backs..how does it feel?

[ Edited ]

It is nylon, so it feels like nylon. It feels like a standard backpack and makes that "squick" sound when you run your finger over it. If you don't like nylon bags, you won't like that.

That said, they are the only bags I've carred in the last 2 years. My beautiful Dooney bags have not left the closet since I purchased my first Lug bag and now I own many of them and carry one wherever I go. Today I am carrying the Shimmy, which is very similar to the Samba. I had to move a size up from the Flapper I've carried all year because I had couple of prescription pill bottles I needed to carry around. It's one of the most convenient bags I've ever carried. There's a place for everything I need and everything is easy to find. It sits well on my body and feels good to carry. 

Honored Contributor

Never thought I would like a Nylon bag. I seem to use my Lug bag all the time. Just the right size with all the compartments plus the water bottle holder on the side comes in handy in this heat.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Never thought I would like a Nylon bag. I seem to use my Lug bag all the time. Just the right size with all the compartments plus the water bottle holder on the side comes in handy in this heat.

I love that little holder! I always have either a small umbrella or a water bottle in mine. I didn't expect it to be as useful as it is, but now I look for that pocket on any bag. I almost placed an order for the Samba when I realized it didn't have that pocket and decided to skip it.

I love the Ace tote or Sprinter bag events where I'm outside all day because they have two of those side pockets and I can keep a water bottle or Yeti thermos and an umbrella in the side pockets. I also love the insulated pockets in the Ace and the Wings handbag. They're great for my sunscreen and lip balms or small snacks when it's in the 90s.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the "Ace" in brushed walnut and I love it.  I get compliments frequently - it is not a cheap-feeling bag, at all.  It is practical and stylish at the same time.  

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I think the Lug bags are well made and feel of the fabric is not slippery or cheap. That being said, I think they are over priced. I agree the Travelon bags have a cheap look and feel. I have the Carousel bag which I really like and the small Can Can bag they made and it's too small, donated it.