Regular Contributor

Has anyone had experience with these handbags? Evine has a todays special and I do like the bag. I like the peacock color and would like to order. It has alot of organization and is pretty! I am on the fence!! Thoughts anyone?? Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Madi Claire handbags

[ Edited ]

If you're just looking for a fun fashion bag, you'll probably do fine. If you're looking for a longer term investment type bag, you might want to keep looking. They're decent bags, but as with so many brands these days, a lot of the trim is not leather... There's nothing at all wrong with non-leather bags or trim, but durability might or might not be there. I have a couple of these bags and they're fine, but I also don't use them very often, so can't speak to how they hold up.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

In my opinion, I don't like Madi Claire handbags---bought one once and promptly donated it. When I buy a leather bag, I want that leather to be soft and smell like leather. The bag I had was hard as a rock and did not have that rich leather smell. It felt like a hard plastic. The bag did keep it's shape--it didn't "puddle" like soft bags usually do. You get what you pay for.

Trusted Contributor

I have one Madi Claire bag but have never carried it.  It's too heavy!  I like the bag well enough, but it is hard leather and feels bulky and heavy.  I should've sent it back but thought I'd eventually use it.  I think that was two years ago!

Honored Contributor

I've gotten a couple of these bags and think they're hard because they are a paper-thin layer of leather bonded to cardboard.  They are a fun one-season sort of bag.  Just don't have high expectations.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The bags look pretty.My friend has purchased a couple.She said that they aren’t all leather & they don’t look real either.But she likes them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Madi Claire handbags

[ Edited ]

I have a madi clair wallet on a string bag that is very pretty, lightweight and holds a ton of stuff for what it is.I love to use it whenever we are going to be doing a lot of walking around - like a fair or a home show type event, or to go anywhere that I know we will have to park far away. Anyway it is 7 or 8 years old - I got it shortly after we moved to Fl. - I use it a lot and it still looks brand new. It is white so it gets dirty, I just wipe it off with leather cleaning wipes. I've gotten my money's worth out if it many times over.

editted to add - I had it on crossbody  up in Tampa at the car show one year and some teenager tried to grab it off me - the strap held and he didn't get it. However, I tripped him and he fell, then because he was holding the bag he pulled me down and I landed on top of him.By the time we got untangled and got on our feet the security guard was here and he was nabbed. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for your reviews. I cancelled!! I agree that you get what you pay for!!!! And I dont like a heavy bag. One reasone I dont like Dooney is because they are too heavy for me!! Thanks again!!

Honored Contributor

Here in the U.S. a bag only has to be 75% leather to call itself a leather bag.  A lot of $$$ leather bags aren't all leather.  I sawthat tsv and I considered it but I don't like hard bags and I carry a lot in my bags.  i thought it might get heavy.  I noticed that they didn't address the weight of the bag in the presentations.  

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom wrote:

In my opinion, I don't like Madi Claire handbags---bought one once and promptly donated it. When I buy a leather bag, I want that leather to be soft and smell like leather. The bag I had was hard as a rock and did not have that rich leather smell. It felt like a hard plastic. The bag did keep it's shape--it didn't "puddle" like soft bags usually do. You get what you pay for.

Best and truthful description ever.