Honored Contributor

I see Evine is finally coming clean an admitting Madi Claire is faux leather, as in the Today's Top Value.   If you've ever felt their bags, you were probably aready suspicious.  They used a lot of the cardboard-bonded-leather that Joy Mangano favors.  Too bad they're not better quality because some of the designs are nice.  There's a market for bags at that price point. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I love Madiclair bags, I have several and they never ware out,i like the tote size and ordered the special tonight.Tucka.

Honored Contributor

I also love her handbags although I don't have any. Always loved the styles, designs, colors, textures. I have no problem with faux leather done right.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm very happy to see a non leather item. I would rather not do leather and the shopping channels are glutted with leather.  Something for everyone is a good thing.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624, about a year and half ago I was on the hunt for a handbag and nothing was catching my eye. Saw a Madi Claire and loved the style. I am a satchel lover. This just looked like the right size for me. Wow was I disappointed it when I received it! Very cheap looking in person. I just haven't been tempted to try any other of their bags.

Honored Contributor

I bought 2 Madi Claire purses and they are very stiff and hard; the hardware placement does not jive with how you wear these. The ones I have are crossbody and the zippers are the opposite of where they should be. Also--the straps are horrendously hard to adjust. The organizion is pretty good but very hard to make it work. So off to donation. I am liking Lug brand bags--nice findings and easy to function with.

Respected Contributor

I bought the first faux leather bag that was the today's special a few months ago in the red.  Had to return it b/c the color rubbed off on my white jeans.  Other than that, I really liked the feel of the faux leather.  Nice and supple.  Haven't ordered from the Madi Studio line any more.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Madi Claire Handbags

[ Edited ]

As long as one realizes they aren't getting an all leather purse... Some of them are all right. I own a tooled satchel that I really like. Many of them are just too blinged out with extraneous bobbles, hardware, colors and mixed media overload. I'm not interested in adding more, but were I buying, I'd only consider them when able to buy on sale.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...