Esteemed Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 Cloud Print is also new with yellow lining! Wonder if there will be handbags in that light blue color for spring?

OOOHHHH....love the little Zoey in that print

Cloud Print Zoey (1019X1622)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had to laugh.  Went and looked at our posts for the Spring/Summer sale when it was 103 degrees here in California.  At the last day I grabbed the Clay Belle Hobo. 

Clay Bedford Belle Hobo (10101098)

Now that it is Fall (and a mere 74 degrees), it is perfect. In real life, it is slouchier (which I like) and has the "smile" at the top of the bag like Dooney does. 

Kitty Wine Fest - Cranky Cat Collectionâ„¢ by Cindy Schmidt

Shot of the new Hologram:  has a blue cast in this photo

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 Zoey is the larger cosmetic...I only had one and I gave it to my sister because it was too large for me. She uses it in her Acorn and Spectrum Haley bags.

• 9.25in L × 3.34in W × 6.49in H
  • Weight: 0.17lb

When Zoey came out originally, there was a smaller Molly cosmetic, which I preferred.

And compare the Small Metro Pouch in Cloud Print (has inside zipper):

9.8" L × 6.6" H

to the new Avery in Black and Hologram (no inside zipper and $10 more in Hologram; black is the same price as Small Metro Pouch in Cloud Print):

9.8in L × 6.6in H

I am hoping Avery is not replacing the Small Metro Pouch, which I like to use as a clutch (have it in black leather). I use the inside zip for ID and cards.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Had to laugh.  Went and looked at our posts for the Spring/Summer sale when it was 103 degrees here in California.  At the last day I grabbed the Clay Belle Hobo. 

Clay Bedford Belle Hobo (10101098)

Now that it is Fall (and a mere 74 degrees), it is perfect. In real life, it is slouchier (which I like) and has the "smile" at the top of the bag like Dooney does. 

Kitty Wine Fest - Cranky Cat Collectionâ„¢ by Cindy Schmidt

Shot of the new Hologram:  has a blue cast in this photo

@hicindy2 You were so smart to get that Clay Belle Hobo!! What a great color in person and that pinkish lining. I think @Serendipity ordered that one, too? Wonder where she is? Hoping she is okay!!

I don't know about that Hologram...Woman Frustrated Woman Embarassed Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily   I know...I think about her a lot when she was running out to get salsa, chips, and ice cream to help her decide. Bet your Grove items will come out for Fall !! 

Last year the sale started 11/18. Who knows how it plays out this year. 

That was when we got the Mia. You have the Magnet right??

Magnet Mia (2780404)

Popular Dawn 

Dawn Mia (2781099) in color Dawn

Missed out on the Raven 

Raven Bailey

Hope they open the vault this year and bring out some classic Bedford goodies. Heart

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I know she was surveying her handbags and thinking she had too many, so maybe she thinks it's best to not pop in due to the temptations? I miss her a lot and hope she is well. I think those fires were close to her parents, west of L.A. So scary! 

Waiting until after Christmas to bring out my Grove Haley because I don't want my sister to see the Grove color, LOL, because she is receiving the Grove Belle for Christmas! Also giving my niece the Mini Paige in Grove. Right now I'm carrying the Paige in Black with Silver Hardware and I just love it (goes great with my Starlight Print Medium Metro Tote). Last year I did order both the Dawn and Magnet Mia bags and ended up only keeping Dawn.

Yes, wondering what will happen with this year's end-of-the-year sale(s). Last year there was a buy more, save more for Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend. Then there were markdowns in the Sale section through the end of the year. But no dancing cookies as in previous years (so fun, but it was hard to stay up so late every night -- easier for you on the West Coast). I would love to see more traditional, pleated Bedford items on sale, since they are moving on from those styles anyway. Let's hope!! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nordie's just added a classic black Pippa if anyone is searching for one.  Great evening bag from 2017. 

MZ WALLACE 'Pippa' Bedford Nylon Crossbody Bag, Alternate, color, BLACK BEDFORD

Huh..Saks has a shiny black "small" Max as an exclusive

Product image

Sak's measurements:"Small Max"

• Double top handles, 9" drop
  • Adjustable, removable crossbody strap, 25.5"-45" drop
  • 12.5"W x 15"H x 6"D

MZW Small Max:

• 11.4in L × 5.7in W × 12.2in H
  • Handle drop: 9in

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I wonder how these oldies but goodies keep appearing at Nordstrom? Is it Nordstrom's extended (?) return policy or is MZW giving them older bags or something else? A mystery indeed.

I get your Huh? about the Small Max in Black Lacquer at Saks. The measurements indicate that it's the Max size, and not Small Max. Something is amiss... ???

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another odd thing:  the Purse Forum was discussing the fact that on the polka dots, the pattern was only on the front of the bag.

Polka Dot Print Medium Metro Tote (376X1619)

Polka Dot Print Micro Sutton (1109X1619)

"We collaborated with international style influencer T-Toughcookie on a limited edition Micro Sutton. Featuring a scattered polka dot print that we co-designed with T-Toughcookie, the collaboration perfectly captures her signature style — equal parts playful and polished."

Update: my Magnet Small Mighty Max arrived.  Mr. HC was totally underwhelmed, but this is a compact tote with outside pockets that begs to go to the stores or craft fairs.  You can put extras inside and keep coupons and receipts handy.  The straps stay on my shoulder, so no need for the longer strap currently. He thinks it is a "meh". Oh well...I like it for busy days. Larrimor's sold out of this in days, so someone agrees with me. Woman Wink

MZ Wallace Small Max Tote in Magnet Oxford

He voted for the City Bag, but just too many $$$ this close to the holidays.  I need to be gifting to someone other than me. 

MZ Wallace Crosby City Bag in Magnet Oxford

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I like your Small Max, and I'm so glad the straps stay up on your  shoulder! I am guessing from the looks of it that it's super comfortable, too. Enjoy, enjoy! Woman Very Happy