Honored Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

@hicindy2 Have not tried the Travel Jimmy. Did not like the JJ at all...the shape, the look, how it hung on my shoulder...not for me...it was the style more than anything...just not me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 Have not tried the Travel Jimmy. Did not like the JJ at all...the shape, the look, how it hung on my shoulder...not for me...it was the style more than anything...just not me.

@EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 I don't think it carries the weight well, and it's sort of masculine -- maybe it's just me. I have the large Jim without the travel sleeve -- may end up giving to my father. But I'm going to try it out one more time. I really don't have a good weekender. My Samsonite duffel is best, but it is on the heavy side. When I tried on the Jimmy at the pop up shop, I found the shoulder straps too short or sort of odd. Oh and yes, the bottoms are reinforced. So good for travel, but makes it really stick out when carrying on shoulder. Depends how much you want to carry I suppose. I dunno. Not in love with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity  and @EdithEllenLily   Thanks for the input.  Always grateful. 

Will stick to my faithful VB classic Weekenders.

Just picked up Shore Thing.  

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I missed out on the VB online outlet this time! Probably a good thing though! Woman Wink

Your Shore Thing pattern is very summery and has beautiful colors in it! Heart

I'm sticking with my LUG Boxer for a very short trip. At my sister's yearly sale, I sold two HUGE and I mean HUGE Atlantic suitcases I found at an outlet mall several years ago. Mr. L said they sold quickly. I used them maybe twice for road trips when I was more of a diva with clothing, LOL. Now I'm good with sporty casual items and don't have to have two outfits per day while traveling. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I like that VB pattern -- always like the summery ones.

@EdithEllenLily I may be regretting not having a Lug right about now .... maybe. @skyblue 😭

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily I may be regretting not having a Lug right about now .... maybe. @skyblue 😭

@Serendipity @hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily I have been traveling a lot, but not with the Lug.🤷‍♀️ It may end up in the donate pile.😳 I used a backpack and it worked out really well.🤗

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Serendipity @hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily I have been traveling a lot, but not with the Lug.🤷‍♀️ It may end up in the donate pile.😳 I used a backpack and it worked out really well.🤗

@skyblue Wow -- another backpacker! Interesting! 😊

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

I never would have tried it, but Mr Skyblue suggested it. Worked like a dream, especially after I checked my bag. I hate lugging a carry on without it’s “ride”. 🧳😉🙂

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

I never would have tried it, but Mr Skyblue suggested it. Worked like a dream, especially after I checked my bag. I hate lugging a carry on without it’s “ride”. 🧳😉🙂

@skyblue Well look at that. Does he use one too? Any particular kind for you? LIke a travel one? Or just a regular backpack? I always worry about bumping into people with it... my shoulder hates me when traveling though.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 @Serendipity @skyblue @Roni18 @WhiteFlowers and all:

Yesterday I was at the absolutely beautiful Von Maur store and delighted in looking around their vast handbag department! So many brands, including MZ Wallace! And there were several with different styles and colors. If you go on vonmaur dot com, you can check them out. 

Highlights for me were the Punch/Dawn Small Sutton, the Small Belle in Black, Cranberry Lacquer and Sable Metallic Medium Metro Totes, Paige in Overcast and Downtown Crossbody in Dazzle (HC admires, too).

I was not fond of the new Shibori print. But I did like the Light Grey Camo in person -- very serene! They had a metro pouch in Paradise Print, and while I love the colors, I think the print would be too wild for me in the Medium Metro Tote. Woman LOL

Von Maur had a better selection than the Nordstrom in the same neck of the woods, so I will be stopping in Von Maur more often to check out the styles and colors. We have a Von Maur closer to our home (north) so I will check that one out, too. Yesterday we had to get to See's Candies, so we were further south. Woman Wink