Honored Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

@Serendipity wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

I haven’t purchased any handbags for 2 1/2 years! I’m contemplating a new travel bag so I cruised over to MZ Wallace to check it out. What happened to all the bags?🙀 It looks like Sutton, Crosby, and Jim have taken over!👎🏻 @hicindy2 @Serendipity @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 

@skyblue @hicindy2 @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily @WhiteFlowers 

Hi Sky! And yes, I have bad news girls: confirmation that all the bedford styles on sale, with one exception -- the Paige -- are going to be discontinued. That includes the iconic Jane and Kate and Belle in black. What?!? Yep. It seems that there will be a new bedford line released later this year, but they are moving away from the pleating. This includes some of the bedford that is not on sale.

So, if you like a particular color or style of bag, you may wish to get it now....

I am looking at the offerings again with that in mind.

@Kachina624 Sorry, Kachina! I forgot to @ you on this. 🤗

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

I still think it is cost cutting.  Pleats take more fabric.  Remember the "original" Army Jordan had a pleated back pocket and now the back pocket is flat.  Glad I kept this one. 

My beloved dedicated travel bag! @hicindy2 @Serendipity @WhiteFlowers @EdithEllenLily 

This news is disconcerting.🤨

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@WhiteFlowers Thanks, likely very good advice to get the black one. I'm just miffed now I guess.

If anyone is interested, there is still the black Mia, regular price, and the original Belle in black, regular price. @EdithEllenLily @skyblue @hicindy2 

@WhiteFlowers How did the small Abbey work out for you?

I considered the small Abbey, but the comments said it carries heavy with minimal contents. @Serendipity @hicindy2 @Roni18 @WhiteFlowers @EdithEllenLily 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  @hicindy2  @Roni18 OK, so my selections:

Dawn Kate (a classic color in my most-oft reached for work bag). I was debating getting the sable, but can't tell what color it is and it's final sale. Any one have sable or seen it in person?

The carmine hope wristlet.

For a bit of fun, the venice canvas navy/red sequin tote (says summer, and let's go to the boardwalk, doesn't it?)

And the yellow and silver version of the coin pouches (I actually don't have any hard cases like this and think they will be very useful for small items you don't want crushed.)

And for the piece de resistance ... eden floral in crosby crossbody! Yep, I know. But I saw it in real life and it's an absolute stunner.

So everything ordered I already have "tested" or seen, excepted the "smalls," so I expect all winners! 😁

Hey, I've been good for a whole year. Now to be good again. 😭

@Serendipity Great choices!! I saw the eden floral crosby crossbody at Nordstrom, too, and it is a pretty bag. Just don't look too close, LOL, although I was told that the snake is cute because he's smiling. I thought about that pretty floral bag, too but didn't order. The Dawn Kate is a beautiful choice and, while I like the black bags, my favorites are those deep, dark Dawn navy ones. Report back about your choices when they arrive! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Wow...Bloomie's already sold out of that MZW Rainbow tote

MZ WALLACE - Rainbow Medium Metro Tote - 100% Exclusive

@hicindy2 I missed out on this one!! Woman Sad Wonder if they will make more due to its popularity?

Honored Contributor

@WhiteFlowers wrote:

Decided on the MZW Small Sloane in Dawn.  

Inspired by the festive spirit of the holidays, the limited edition Small Sloane Satchel puts a luxe spin on our classic sleek styles, with gold hardware and studs, chic navy and gold stripes, and exterior pockets that are perfectly sized for easy (and secure) access to your phone.

Details
  • 10.2in L × 4.2in W × 7in H
  • Handle drop: 4.5in
  • Adjustable strap length: 31.5in to 55in
  • Weight: 1.19lb
  • Fabrication: Nylon
  • Trim: Natural Italian leather
  • Gold hardware

@hicindy2 @skyblue @Serendipity @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 

Been interested in this one since it was first introduced.  

@WhiteFlowers Hi and congratulations on your Small Sloane Satchel! Good size and lightweight...more dressy, too. Enjoy it, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@WhiteFlowers wrote:

@Serendipity @hicindy2 @skyblue @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 

Perhaps it’s just wishful thinking, but I suspect that Bedford bags may come back with a redesign.  Maybe, completely  interior lined with an RFID material that makes it safer...we shall see.  

Hi @WhiteFlowers ! Well ... that would be terrific. But I asked that question, if they were just being redesigned ... and the answer wasn't hopeful. It was no. I asked, even the iconic Jane? Yep. Moving away from the tarditional pleats. But there are supposed to be new bedford designs coming out, so they are not moving away from bedford entirely.

It does sound incredulous, so maybe you are right ... maybe they could come back in the future? Anyway, that's what I was told.

There may be some life for the helena wallets, but no definitive answer there. New bedford pouches will also be available later this year.

Also, dawn lacquer won't be making a comeback this year at least. 

This info is direct from MZW reps. 

@hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily 

@Serendipity @hicindy2 @skyblue @Roni18 @WhiteFlowers and all:

Happy news about my favorite Helena Wallets perhaps still being made! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@WhiteFlowers Thanks, likely very good advice to get the black one. I'm just miffed now I guess.

If anyone is interested, there is still the black Mia, regular price, and the original Belle in black, regular price. @EdithEllenLily @skyblue @hicindy2 

@WhiteFlowers How did the small Abbey work out for you?

I considered the small Abbey, but the comments said it carries heavy with minimal contents. @Serendipity @hicindy2 @Roni18 @WhiteFlowers @EdithEllenLily 

@skyblue @Serendipity @hicindy2 @Roni18 @WhiteFlowers and all:

The Small Abbey Tote is one of my favorite pleated Bedford styles! It is not too heavy! I have a right shoulder issue and it's fine for me. I think the weight of the bag and its contents are more evenly distributed in an east-west silhouette vs. north-south (think Jane, which has become not comfortable for me). Also, I mostly use the long strap with this bag and it carries down near my hip...I find when a bag hangs lower (away from the shoulder), it is more comfortable. This Small Abbey Tote's outside pockets are fantastic for organization, and the bag is SO good looking! Heart I will be "stocking up" on this one...some now...some later...trying to keep within the budget and perhaps going over a bit for these extraordinary circumstances...LOL and very sad at the same time!! Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 @Serendipity @skyblue @Roni18 @WhiteFlowers @godi @Jamstan and all:

As the 17th Century English poet and cleric Robert Herrick wrote in a famous poem "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may" ... this applies today as we learned of the demise of our favorite Bedford styles. It is very sad to know that Haley, Coco, Lizzy, Jane, Kate, the Belle, Jordan and Abbey families and others like our beloved Roxy will not be made again. Yes @Serendipity , "pleats are everything" and yes, @WhiteFlowers , it is not understandable how their signature line is being eliminated. At least the Paige stays.

Since we are not privy to the back story on this decision, we can only guess that the decision is based on perhaps on a combination of things: increased costs due to tariffs, higher labor costs to make the pleated bags, their sales at full price vs. sale price (truly, don't we usually wait until these go on sale?) and the current drive to be more zippy casual with streamlined, less fancy looks from clothes to accessories...as well as other things we do not know. Personally, I like being able to have a casual chic outfit and carry a beautiful, pleated Bedford MZW bag. Heart

I am thankful for the cherished pleated Bedford bags I have and for those I recently ordered. I will be studying the sale offerings and will likely order a few more "rosebuds" because "this is it" for the bulk of the pleated Bedford offerings. As they ship and arrive, I will post about these lovely, pleated bags that have brought much happiness to many of us over the past few years. And I will be curious to see what the new Bedford line looks like down the road. 

Image result for rosebud

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   Beautifully said. 

"I am thankful for the cherished pleated Bedford bags I have and for those I recently ordered. I will be studying the sale offerings and will likely order a few more "rosebuds" because "this is it" for the bulk of the pleated Bedford offerings. As they ship and arrive, I will post about these lovely, pleated bags that have brought much happiness to many of us over the past few years. And I will be curious to see what the new Bedford line looks like down the road." 

I am sure that I will go from hopping mad

back to gathering a few more blooms. 

Good to know about the small Abbey tote.  The weight scared me a bit. It is an elegant but tailored bag.