Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,040
Registered: ‎04-29-2015

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

@hicindy2 So my seven stage of grief over this news is cycling fast. I went from denial to sad to anger .... thinking OK, I'm done then. No more buying. 🤣

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,737
Registered: ‎06-06-2010

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 So my seven stage of grief over this news is cycling fast. I went from denial to sad to anger .... thinking OK, I'm done then. No more buying.🤣�


@Serendipity

 

Me too !!  From Sad to Mad. And look how long we did "Rah Rah" threads here praising MZW.

 

I don't do well with manipulation and that's how I feel. 

 

They weren't doing the fun print Bedford fabrics anymore like Raven and Luna.  Then they took Roxy and Lizzy away. Then they pretty much skipped our Christmas event.

 

Now, no new Cocos either on the horizon. No glazed linens. No fun prints. 

 

No fun, I'm done.

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 501
Registered: ‎04-04-2010

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

@hicindy2 @Serendipity @Skyblue @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 

 

Its good to know that MZW will no longer be making the current Bedford lineup. Appreciate @Serendipity giving us a heads up. Now have my eyes on 2 more bags.  

 

@hicindy2 considering one of them in Tiger Lily. This color is gorgeous and will go with almost anything. It’s such a Happy and energizing color. 

 

@EdithEllenLily Have you made your final selections?

 

Wonder what has happened to MZW’s men’s/gender neutral line of bags that were suppose to debut in 2019? @Serendipity have you heard anything about it?

 

so sadWoman Sadabout this news.  Don’t understand how you mostly eliminate your signature line?  

Valued Contributor
Posts: 501
Registered: ‎04-04-2010

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled


@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Skyblue wrote:

I haven’t purchased any handbags for 2 1/2 years! I’m contemplating a new travel bag so I cruised over to MZ Wallace to check it out. What happened to all the bags?🙀 It looks like Sutton, Crosby, and Jim have taken over!👎🏻 @hicindy2 @Serendipity @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 


@Skyblue @hicindy2 @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily @WhiteFlowers 

 

Hi Sky! And yes, I have bad news girls: confirmation that all the bedford styles on sale, with one exception -- the Paige -- are going to be discontinued. That includes the iconic Jane and Kate and Belle in black. What?!? Yep. It seems that there will be a new bedford line released later this year, but they are moving away from the pleating. This includes some of the bedford that is not on sale.

 

So, if you like a particular color or style of bag, you may wish to get it now....

 

I am looking at the offerings again with that in mind.


@Serendipity   My worst fears confirmed.  This is more depressing than the January news.  Thank you though for telling us so that we can plan accordingly. I think that the pleating costs more, hence the Soho tote line. 

 

 

 

 

 

  I went into the closet and hugged all my Bedford bags. Heart

 


@hicindy2  Seriously. And I kid not, I actually reached for the phone to calll you. It threw me entirely! Oh well, time for 24 hours of whine o clock. LOL.

 

Even the black. Sigh. I won't be giving or donating and bedford until I figure out what's what. I was about to gift my only Jane (walnut), but don't think so anymore.

 

So I just ordered the dawn kate, and now I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and gret the black and/or sable. I've been moving away from black bags when possible, but posed with the thought of now or never ...

 

I don't know. HC any thoughts? I have damson with silver tone hardware, ordered the dawn with gold tone hardware, and have the dahlia with gold tone hardware. 

 

Also, there's just one hayley left @EdithEllenLily : the grove! 


@Serendipity My advice is buy the black one now.  You know & love the Kate. I Believe you will forever kick yourself for not getting it. There are times when only a Beautiful black bag Works perfectly.  And we now know, it will be gone forever.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,040
Registered: ‎04-29-2015

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled


@WhiteFlowers wrote:

@hicindy2 @Serendipity @Skyblue @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 

 

Its good to know that MZW will no longer be making the current Bedford lineup. Appreciate @Serendipity giving us a heads up. Now have my eyes on 2 more bags.  

 

@hicindy2 considering one of them in Tiger Lily. This color is gorgeous and will go with almost anything. It’s such a Happy and energizing color. 

 

@EdithEllenLily Have you made your final selections?

 

Wonder what has happened to MZW’s men’s/gender neutral line of bags that were suppose to debut in 2019? @Serendipity have you heard anything about it?

 

so sadWoman Sadabout this news.  Don’t understand how you mostly eliminate your signature line?  


@WhiteFlowers  Yes, still supposed to debut later this year, as far as I was told, but was given no clue as to when exactly. it will be unisex, but really geared toward men. So no frills, very simple.

 

I'm glad they kept Paige, at least for now. I don't like posting misinformation, and I do hope this is wrong, but it was presented as definite. So I thought I should post. If anyone discovers any additional info, please advise! 

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,547
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

It is sad that they are doing away with so many favorites.  If I were buying, I think I would pick the Small Abbey tote in black and dawn.   A classic look and not too big to carry around as an everyday bag.  

 

Looks like everyone made some good choices!  Enjoy!

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,040
Registered: ‎04-29-2015

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

@WhiteFlowers Thanks, likely very good advice to get the black one. I'm just miffed now I guess.

 

If anyone is interested, there is still the black Mia, regular price, and the original Belle in black, regular price. @EdithEllenLily @Skyblue @hicindy2 

 

@WhiteFlowers How did the small Abbey work out for you?

 

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,040
Registered: ‎04-29-2015

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled


@Roni18 wrote:

It is sad that they are doing away with so many favorites.  If I were buying, I think I would pick the Small Abbey tote in black and dawn.   A classic look and not too big to carry around as an everyday bag.  

 

Looks like everyone made some good choices!  Enjoy!

 


@Roni18 The abbey does look great in dawn and black! I'm trying not to @ you too much, cuz I know you're not buying. 😁

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,547
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

@SerendipityWhy am I even looking???  LOL

Feeling a bit sad but making the right decision for me about not getting in on the sale this year.  On the bright side, I never used the Dawn Frankie Travel that I got in last summer's sale but I plan to use it on a trip at the end of the month.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,040
Registered: ‎04-29-2015

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled


@Roni18 wrote:

@SerendipityWhy am I even looking???  LOL

Feeling a bit sad but making the right decision for me about not getting in on the sale this year.  On the bright side, I never used the Dawn Frankie Travel that I got in last summer's sale but I plan to use it on a trip at the end of the month.  Smiley Very Happy


@Roni18  Yay! You have a brand new bag ready to go! Frankie is striking in that dawn color. Hope you have a great trip! 🤗