Honored Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

[ Edited ]

Here is some info on colors from MZW:

tiger lily: construction orange

clay: an earthy brown/green

sable: mauvey taupe

ginger: light tan with golden undertones and bronze metallic trim all around; satin variation of eden lining

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

I haven’t purchased any handbags for 2 1/2 years! I’m contemplating a new travel bag so I cruised over to MZ Wallace to check it out. What happened to all the bags?🙀 It looks like Sutton, Crosby, and Jim have taken over!👎🏻 @hicindy2 @Serendipity @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 

@skyblue @hicindy2 @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily @WhiteFlowers 

Hi Sky! And yes, I have bad news girls: confirmation that all the bedford styles on sale, with one exception -- the Paige -- are going to be discontinued. That includes the iconic Jane and Kate and Belle in black. What?!? Yep. It seems that there will be a new bedford line released later this year, but they are moving away from the pleating. This includes some of the bedford that is not on sale.

So, if you like a particular color or style of bag, you may wish to get it now....

I am looking at the offerings again with that in mind.

@Serendipity   My worst fears confirmed.  This is more depressing than the January news.  Thank you though for telling us so that we can plan accordingly. I think that the pleating costs more, hence the Soho tote line. 

I went into the closet and hugged all my Bedford bags. Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

I haven’t purchased any handbags for 2 1/2 years! I’m contemplating a new travel bag so I cruised over to MZ Wallace to check it out. What happened to all the bags?🙀 It looks like Sutton, Crosby, and Jim have taken over!👎🏻 @hicindy2 @Serendipity @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 

@skyblue @hicindy2 @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily @WhiteFlowers 

Hi Sky! And yes, I have bad news girls: confirmation that all the bedford styles on sale, with one exception -- the Paige -- are going to be discontinued. That includes the iconic Jane and Kate and Belle in black. What?!? Yep. It seems that there will be a new bedford line released later this year, but they are moving away from the pleating. This includes some of the bedford that is not on sale.

So, if you like a particular color or style of bag, you may wish to get it now....

I am looking at the offerings again with that in mind.

@Serendipity   My worst fears confirmed.  This is more depressing than the January news.  Thank you though for telling us so that we can plan accordingly. I think that the pleating costs more, hence the Soho tote line. 

I went into the closet and hugged all my Bedford bags. Heart

@hicindy2  Seriously. And I kid not, I actually reached for the phone to calll you. It threw me entirely! Oh well, time for 24 hours of whine o clock. LOL.

Even the black. Sigh. I won't be giving or donating and bedford until I figure out what's what. I was about to gift my only Jane (walnut), but don't think so anymore.

So I just ordered the dawn kate, and now I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and gret the black and/or sable. I've been moving away from black bags when possible, but posed with the thought of now or never ...

I don't know. HC any thoughts? I have damson with silver tone hardware, ordered the dawn with gold tone hardware, and have the dahlia with gold tone hardware. 

Also, there's just one hayley left @EdithEllenLily : the grove! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thinking about the Jordan Hobo in Tiger Lily.  They could see me from outer space !!

Update: I just ordered the Abbey Xbody in Dawn just in case

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Thinking about the Jordan Hobo in Tiger Lily.  They could see me from outer space !!

@hicindy2  I think that is just a super fun bsg! You could use it during fairs and things or amusement parks and your friends will always spot you. 😊 But I bet it works with more. Think of it with blue! 😊

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity @hicindy2 @skyblue @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 

Perhaps it’s just wishful thinking, but I suspect that Bedford bags may come back with a redesign.  Maybe, complete interior lined with an RFID material that makes it safer...we shall see.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WhiteFlowers wrote:

@Serendipity @hicindy2 @skyblue @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 

Perhaps it’s just wishful thinking, but I suspect that Bedford bags may come back with a redesign.  Maybe, completely  interior lined with an RFID material that makes it safer...we shall see.  

Hi @WhiteFlowers ! Well ... that would be terrific. But I asked that question, if they were just being redesigned ... and the answer wasn't hopeful. It was no. I asked, even the iconic Jane? Yep. Moving away from the tarditional pleats. But there are supposed to be new bedford designs coming out, so they are not moving away from bedford entirely.

It does sound incredulous, so maybe you are right ... maybe they could come back in the future? Anyway, that's what I was told.

There may be some life for the helena wallets, but no definitive answer there. New bedford pouches will also be available later this year.

Also, dawn lacquer won't be making a comeback this year at least. 

This info is direct from MZW reps. 

@hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily 

Esteemed Contributor

I still think it is cost cutting.  Pleats take more fabric.  Remember the "original" Army Jordan had a pleated back pocket and now the back pocket is flat.  Glad I kept this one. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

I still think it is cost cutting.  Pleats take more fabric.  Remember the "original" Army Jordan had a pleated back pocket and now the back pocket is flat.  Glad I kept this one. 

@hicindy2  I'm sorry to say, but I think this too. Maybe they feel it's time to move on or change, but I think the mark-up on the oxford brings in way more money than the mark-up on the bedford. I am searching for an old jordan on all the sites that sell MZW. All I'm finding is damson. But that was the redesigned wasn't it? Pleats are everything.

Honored Contributor

@WhiteFlowers wrote:

Decided on the MZW Small Sloane in Dawn.  

Inspired by the festive spirit of the holidays, the limited edition Small Sloane Satchel puts a luxe spin on our classic sleek styles, with gold hardware and studs, chic navy and gold stripes, and exterior pockets that are perfectly sized for easy (and secure) access to your phone.

Details
  • 10.2in L × 4.2in W × 7in H
  • Handle drop: 4.5in
  • Adjustable strap length: 31.5in to 55in
  • Weight: 1.19lb
  • Fabrication: Nylon
  • Trim: Natural Italian leather
  • Gold hardware

@hicindy2 @skyblue @Serendipity @Roni18 @EdithEllenLily 

Been interested in this one since it was first introduced.  

@WhiteFlowers  Oh my goodness -- what a great bag! You are always making the cool selections. Somehow I just didn't ever notice this one ... lost as HC @hicindy2  says. I love the outside pockets and the gold stud detail! Do tell what you think when you receive it, please! Enjoy!