Frequent Contributor

MZ Wallace gals....need your help please

I know there are a few MZW fans here so thought I would try to get a few opinions. I am trying to decide on a hobo and literally cannot decide because I like something about each of them. The Thompson hobo, Belle hobo and the Jordan hobo. I would say the Thompson is likely my least favorite just based on looks.

I want soemthing that is comfortable both on the shouldber and cross body and something that doesn't sompletely flop over. I know they will all flop somewhat so I guess I am looking for the least flopable Smiley Happy 

I am somewhat new to this brand, I have a Paige currently. Love it but want a hobo now. I actually have a Belle hobo coming tomorrow from ebay (NWT at less than half price) but have the option to return it if I don't like it. 

I love the Jordan in Anthracite but I hate paying full price for it. I have scoured ebay/poshmark and the MZ facebook group with no luck.

Anyway, curious which of these 3 would you recommend and or love? I have 3 kids and occassionaly need to lug something of theirs around but they are elementary aged so out of the baby stage.

Many thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace gals....need your help please

@suburbanone  I am sitting in a hospital waiting room (with a relative) but wanted to take a minute.  I have the Jordan Hobo and really like it.  Sign up for e-mails on the MZW site and they will have some good sales late May and early June. That way you get an alert since things move fast !! Hobos should be among the sales selection based on history.

I like the streamlined look of the Jordan line.  Also, falling in love with the simple sleek look of the Soho tote (I have a mini in Elderberry).  Welcome to the happy little MZW fan club.  I will be posting in the future when this family crisis is resolved. Looking forward to Spring...bye for now. 

Honored Contributor

@suburbanone Hi and good to "see" you again! I remember you found a dark purple Paige on sale this past summer, I think?

I'm afraid I can't speak to the hobos, as I do not have any. What I do when I'm comparing styles is list the details and compare (see below). I look at strap drops and the width/depth of the bags mostly. I like a longer strap drop to go over coats as I live in the Chicago area, brrrrrr.

It's good you will see the Belle Hobo in person tomorrow! Let us know what you think of it. Good luck deciding, EEL Woman Happy

P.S. Let us know your final choice! 

Belle Hobo
10in L × 5.5in W × 11in H
Handle drop: 9in
Weight: 1.95lb

Jordan Hobo
11.8in L × 2.7in W × 10.6in H
Handle drop: 9.8in
Weight: 1.43lb

Thompson Hobo
12.4in L × 3.1in W × 11.8in H
Handle drop: 8.6in
Weight: 1.35lb

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 There you are! Woman Very Happy It sounds serious, so hang in there and continue being the helpful angel that you are, getting a lot of rest each night. We miss you but totally understand! Heart