Esteemed Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace: Summer Deals and Looking towards Fall

Awwww..from Purse Forum, Leopard backpack with bats !!

BAC8523D-D063-434E-9E36-6D87BF40BB77.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

MZW just sent an e-mail that Black Lacquer is back.  Do you gals have that in your collection?  In what style ??  I'm curious.  TIA.  

Product imageProduct image

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 How sweet re: your palm tote! 🤗

As for black laquer, I only have the small savoy pouch. Have been waiting for this to return all year.

Eyeing the small sutton, micro sutton or mini crosby.

Where is the crosby crossbody choice? Which is what I was hoping for. ☹️

Are you thinking on it HC?

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity  Yep, I am thinking small Sutton.  I think a big bag in this shiny material would be too much for me..

Sorry, they don't seem to offer the Crosby Crossbody at this time.  

Honored Contributor

Saw the metallic chalk in store the other day. It is definitely white with a slight nacreous sheen/sparkle. The feel of it is indeed diffeent than the regular oxford. Not the same as steel metallic though. But still a bit tacky to the touch. Will stick with lacquer over the metallics. Better for picky ole me. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

Saw the metallic chalk in store the other day. It is definitely white with a slight nacreous sheen/sparkle. The feel of it is indeed diffeent than the regular oxford. Not the same as steel metallic though. But still a bit tacky to the touch. Will stick with lacquer over the metallics. Better for picky ole me. 😊

@Serendipity  Ohhhh...thanks for on the in the spot reporting.  I wouldn't like the tacky feel either.  Metallic sable right ? You can kind of see that here in the photo. 

No automatic alt text available.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Micro Sutton might be the ticket

Black Lacquer Micro Sutton (11090434)

Seems too much (Small Sutton)

Black Lacquer Small Sutton (2880434)

Mini Metro

Black Lacquer Mini Metro Tote (4240434)

Mini Crosby...very nice 
Corners are matte to contrast with the shiny finish

Black Lacquer Mini Crosby (11290434)

Look how adorable that quilted Penny was; love the front pocket detail

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very happy to see that Black Lacquer is back! Woman Very Happy And in time for anyone who hasn't yet used their points, which expire at the end of the month. I wonder what @foo foo shi shi and @WhiteFlowers are choosing?

I have the Medium Savoy Cosmetic and the Crosby in Black Lacquer. I use the cosmetic in my black mineral Roxy.

Image result for MZ Wallace Black Lacquer

Black Lacquer Crosby (10050434)

I love the look of the Crosby in Black Lacquer but it is a bit boxy. However, it does squish a bit when you carry it so that is helpful.

Thinking of getting something smaller in Black Lacquer, but not sure which one yet. What fun it will be to study the options! Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Very happy to see that Black Lacquer is back! Woman Very Happy And in time for anyone who hasn't yet used their points, which expire at the end of the month. I wonder what @foo foo shi shi and @WhiteFlowers are choosing?

I have the Medium Savoy Cosmetic and the Crosby in Black Lacquer. I use the cosmetic in my black mineral Roxy.

Image result for MZ Wallace Black Lacquer

Black Lacquer Crosby (10050434)

I love the look of the Crosby in Black Lacquer but it is a bit boxy. However, it does squish a bit when you carry it so that is helpful.

Thinking of getting something smaller in Black Lacquer, but not sure which one yet. What fun it will be to study the options! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily@hicindy2@Serendipity@skyblue@Roni18@foo foo shi shi

EEL been holding out for Black Lacquer.  Pretty sure it will be the SMALL Crosby. However, I may wait to see if any other new goodies come along this week. I’ll decide and order by Friday. As you know, been saving my points.  I think the BL in the Small Crosby maybe a good choice. It’s big enough to hold my Helena wallet, but hopefully not as boxy as the full size Crosby.  Since BL probably will be for going out & weekends, etc not office days I think the BL in the smaller size might “look” not so boxy.  

Everyone please give me your thoughts about this idea?

Honored Contributor

@WhiteFlowers Hello! Holding out can definitely be a good thing! See all of your options to be sure. I am too impetuous and wish I could have waited like you. 

Small Crosby in Black Lacquer looks to me to be an excellent choice. Great size and classic look. I will not forget when I received the Crosby in Black Lacquer and gasped. Quite a looker. So many compartments. Small Crosby will not be so large and boxy as my Crosby. Your Helena wallet will look perfect popping out of that pretty bag! 

Details
  • 9.4" L × 4.7" W × 6.6" H
  • Handle drop: up to 55.12"
  • Adjustable strap length: 28.7in to 51.6in
  • Weight: 1.54lb
  • Trim: Black Italian leather
  • Gold hardware

The other Black Lacquer options I like are the Small Sutton and the Micro Sutton. I also like the size of the Mini Metro Tote (comes with the market purse) but it doesn't have the long strap. I don't like to be limited on how to carry my handbag. The only one I would never buy is the Downtown Crosby because its space inside is very limited.

Have fun deciding and let us know what you chose! Looking forward to a full report on your choice! Woman Happy