Esteemed Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace: Summer Deals and Looking towards Fall

[ Edited ]

From the Purse Forum (not me although she could be related) Woman LOL good IRL info to parse out too 

From the lucky gal:

"I made it to the Crosby store on Friday - yay! First thing that caught my eye was Thompson small hobo in Dawn - what an elegant bag!..But my mission was to get a medium crossbody ..since it's my first time seeing everything IRL, I was there for ages lol. I finally narrowed it down to 1) Thompson small hobo in elderberry (it was beautiful and nicely saturated but the strap was way too wide and it was a little too small); 2) small Sutton in dawn lacquer (which was gorgeous but I reminded myself that for crossbody, I don’t like handles sticking up or out)..I really thought I was going to get a small Sutton in Elderberry but after seeing it IRL, I realized I prefer Oxford in lacquer, metallic and print; and I also realized Paige will be my medium crossbody...but they only had black and the sable in Bedford was darker than the gorgeous sable metallic...I’d have gone home with it if it were elderberry though!...I didn’t leave the store empty handed...I ended up with a bag that I’ve been lusting after but was not sure what color to get. When Meredith at the store said there were only 12 left of these in the company, that made up my mind!..

So here’s an action shot of the bag today...cranberry mini crosby! Totally in love! it’s a neutral red, so comfy to carry, 3 straps are awesome and fits all my daily essentials"

335704A8-F92B-46C8-B58F-D42EB5421A89.jpeg

That Crosby line is a real money maker !! It (mini) is low stock online once again. 

I prefer the small over the mini though

No automatic alt text available.

Glad to get her input on the small Thompson hobo, must be the newly designed web strap that is wide.  I was wondering about this bag. 

MZ WALLACE - Thompson Small Nylon Hobo

MZ WALLACE - Thompson Small Nylon Hobo

Also, the mini Paige is out in 6 colors and yet to have one review. 

Image may contain: stripes

Also, here is a shot of the Lexi small Xbody: it would bounce off my hip in an annoying way I'm afraid. 

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

Bloomies has it

MZ WALLACE - Lexington Medium Nylon Crossbody

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

From the Purse Forum:  a shot of the new Leopard IRL

9A45B007-E4FE-4396-AE32-D16D9FBCA7F2.jpeg

I like that the subtle toned down Leopard whispers and doesn't shout "Look at Me" !! Perfect for accenting Fall neutrals.  

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@hicindy2 This is very helpful, HC!! I like it a lot! I was afraid it was too light from the photos, taken with studio lighting, I assume. I like a dark and mysterious leopard print. Now to decide what to choose...hmmm...Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

I like that the subtle toned down Leopard whispers and doesn't shout "Look at Me" !! Perfect for accenting Fall neutrals.  

Lovely Leopard HeartHeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yay !!  Good pic of Sable metallic.  Very nice neutral...

Day into evening in a smaller bag

Sable bedford seems "flat" by comparison and too close to my Acorn Paige

Sable Paige (1761518)

Good one of Dawn Lacquer also

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

@Serendipity Still like your rich gloss rather than the super shine.  Perfect for evenings out too or grab and go from the tote

Cranberry Gloss Harlow Wristlet (10561516)

Just can't help it:  still love the Anthracite @foo foo shi shi

Thinking small Soho tote for every day and rainy days

Nice long straps too

Anthracite Bedford Small Soho Tote (11121517)

Cheerful yellow lining 

Anthracite Bedford Small Soho Tote (11121517)

Wow...Saks still has the fab Nikki tote

Product image

And the pretty Harbor Sutton

Product image

Honored Contributor

@hicindy @Serendipity @Roni18 @Skyblue @WhiteFlowers @Kachina624 @haddon9 @suburbanone @JoBee @Jannyg @hillv  @foo foo shi shi and all:

I would love to hear your opinions about the items I am considering; I'm having a hard time deciding, so please help me (sounding like a Beatles song, I know...Woman Wink).

Leopard totes: Since I have a Black Small Sutton and a Chocolate Bedford Jane, I think something in Leopard would make a nice complementary tote bag for a set with each of those. Do you think the Leopard would be too much "Grrrrr" in the Medium Metro Tote due to its larger size? Should I order the Small Metro Tote instead? I have never ordered a Small Metro Tote so I am unsure.

Leopard handbags: What do you think of Leopard in the Small Sutton? I almost think it looks better in the Small Metro Tote -- what do you think? Could the Small Metro Tote be used as a handbag? I know it wouldn't have the long strap and would only be handheld. Also, what about that Micro Metro Tote in Leopard for a going out to dinner purse?

Lacquer: I have coveted @Serendipity's Small Sutton in Dawn Lacquer for a long time, so I am thinking seriously of ordering that one. If so, do you think having a Lacquer tote to complement it is "too much shiny" or is it okay? I am trying to decide between the Medium Metro Tote in Dawn Lacquer or the color block Medium Metro Tote in Cranberry/Dawn Lacquer. I also think the Micro Metro Tote in Cranberry Lacquer is adorable for a going out to dinner purse -- do you like it?

Thank you to everyone for your opinions, EEL Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  I think the small Metro is plenty of Grrr. This is a good shot to judge it by:

Leopard Print Small Metro Tote (3701513)

Our juggling friend in the MZW store has the Sutton to give us
an idea. 

The sides can be cinched up to give it a neater profile. 

Leopard Print Medium Sutton (9831513)

I think in this case, the tote profile works nicely even though I am a Sutton fan. Wish wish wish they did this print in the mini Soho tote.  Or in a wallet. Sigh...

Eager to hear how @Roni18 like her leopard piece. 

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2@EdithEllenLilyI got notice that my leopard backpack has shipped so I should get it this week and will let you know what I think!

@EdithEllenLilyI think the leopard looks good in the metro tote or either the sutton like in the photo.  I almost went with a metro tote and talked myself out of it just because I have so many other big totes.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily Well, EEL, you know me ... I'm going to have to say: the small dawn lacquer sutton! 😁 Still my favorite. I think it would pair nicely with that color block lacquer metro and not be too much as a combo. I have been using the small sutton with the cranberry harlow gloss wristlet and it works well together.

There's something about the dawn that is not as dressy as the black. It can be worn casual or not. It doesn't seem as shiny as the other lacquers -- perhaps because of the dawn color.

I have two small metro totes, but I haven't used them as handbags. They are fairly large -- larger than the small sutton. I like to use them as overflow and another as a toiletry case for short stays. (It will hold a full roller set and more!) I think the mini is probably a better choice for a handbag -- but it really depends how much you carry. Between the small and medium leopard sutton, I'd probably go with the medium. I think it feels more like a neutral when it's a tote on the shoulder style.

But really, I think all the choices you are pondering are great. I think the mini craberry metro for dinner would be great fun. 🤗 

Have fun choosing -- can't wait to hear what you decided!

Honored Contributor

Other than on runways and mod shots like this, does anyone actually wear a bag like this. Ugh. I can't stand it. Is it just me?

Mini paige.jpg