Honored Contributor

MZ Wallace Fans: The Sale is ON

Any MZW fans out there? Since this brand is not easily available everywhere, thought I'd start a thread where folks can share their questions, thoughts, expertise and excitement. I'm a relative newbie to the line, about one year, but already have my tried and true favorites (Paige -- everyday crossbody, and Belle - my laptop bag).

Have been eying the 40% sale on now heading into the new 12 Days sale starting Dec. 1 and can't make up my mind. So many cool bags to choose from. Wonder if there will be a sutton or metro sale, and any more limited edition leather items.

So MZW fans, what are you eyeing or hoping for in the Dec sale?

Do tell!

Although not on sale, I'm most intrigued by the coco in sparrow. Smiley Happy  

Coco in sparrow

My most recent purchases are the black sutton (photo directly below), which I just discovered even though it's one of the classics. (Where have I been?) So cute and practical. And the holiday platinum roxy (further below), which has more structure than the typical Roxy.

Med Sutton in black

Small Roxy in platinum

Respected Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace Fans: The Sale is ON

@Serendipity wrote:

Any MZW fans out there? Since this brand is not easily available everywhere, thought I'd start a thread where folks can share their questions, thoughts, expertise and excitement. I'm a relative newbie to the line, about one year, but already have my tried and true favorites (Paige -- everyday crossbody, and Belle - my laptop bag).

Have been eying the 40% sale on now heading into the new 12 Days sale starting Dec. 1 and can't make up my mind. So many cool bags to choose from. Wonder if there will be a sutton or metro sale, and any more limited edition leather items.

Do tell!

Coco in sparrow

My most recent purchases are the black sutton (photo directly below), which I just discovered even though it's one of the classics. (Where have I been?) So cute and practical. And the holiday platinum roxy (further below), which has more structure than the typical Roxy.

Med Sutton in black

Small Roxy in platinum

Great idea! @Serendipity I'm in!😁

After lots of research and consideration I chose to order the Paige in Dawn Bedford. I need a lightweight crossbody for some upcoming trips, and this bag is the only one I've found that meets my needs that I like. It's durable, well made, has lots of pockets, a wide crossbody strap for comfort, and is lightweight. I hope I like it!😁

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skyblue wrote:

After lots of research and consideration I chose to order the Paige in Dawn Bedford. I need a lightweight crossbody for some upcoming trips, and this bag is the only one I've found that meets my needs that I like. It's durable, well made, has lots of pockets, a wide crossbody strap for comfort, and is lightweight. I hope I like it!😁

Paige in dawn

@skyblue Great, choice! Also water repellant and stain resistant - perfect for travel. If I didn't already have the black, I would have clicked on this one too. Still might! LOL. I really hope you like it. If not, you can return. They do have a fairly hassle-free return policy via FedEx, although it's 10 business days after receipt. But hoping you won't need to! Do let us now what you think when you receive it. Good or bad. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

Paige in dawn

@skyblue Great, choice! Also water repellant and stain resistant - perfect for travel. If I didn't already have the black, I would have clicked on this one too. Still might! LOL. I really hope you like it. If not, you can return. They do have a fairly hassle-free return policy via FedEx, although it's 10 business days after receipt. But hoping you won't need to! Do let us now what you think when you receive it. Good or bad. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks! I'll be sure to review it as soon as it arrives! 😁 @Serendipity

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity

I will need to look at this brand. Thanks for the information.

Valued Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Do tell!

Coco in sparrow

Med Sutton in black

Small Roxy in platinum

Hey @Serendipity....I am feeling Sparrow in all styles. Love the rose gold hardware...I stalk ebay for past season styles with rosegold like Kingsport grey, mahogany and olive.

I have asked my husband for a new MZ for Christmas. Maybe even get 2 items (2 bags or a bag and a charm or other accessory).  I'll be stalking MZ website and a few others ie Nordstrom, Bloomies, Saks, Larrimor's and Sandspoint Shop.

FYI for black MZ's try Sandspoint Shop when they have their 20 / 25% off sales.

I've been using my jewel print small sutton a lot on weekends. Love that bag. Definitely plan to get in another color or 2.

Jewel Print Oxford Small Sutton

For a work bag, because I tend to carry more, I've been using a black Frankie (original version with lock) that I got on ebay. Lock doesn't work but that's fine. I really like the size of this bag, the way it carries and capacity. I don't want the travel one but am open to Mulberry.

Image result for mz wallace black frankie with pink satin

Can't wait for the 12 Days sale. Sometimes colors from past seasons pop up so if anything Dawn w/ silver pops up I may grab. It's such a great dark navy with a light blue interior. Now that I know I like the Kate and Lizze, if they show up I'll probably get both. My mother wants a red bag so if Poppy small or Medium Madison turns up I'll grab one for her.

Anyway, thanks for starting this thread! I hope people feel free to post and include other nylon bags as well. I have developed a preference for my MZW over the years but I've had and enjoyed carrying other bags as well. I still look at and lust after leather bags all the time. Of all the bags I check out, I prefer looks and functionality of MZW. I can't always justify spending $ on any more bags whether nylon, leather or pleather but I have very little will power Smiley Happy. I have a 1hr 15 min long commute including subway / bus / 15 min walk so I have developed a preference based on how I live with and use my bags and MZW ones work best for me. When I switch out, I always go back. 

Honored Contributor

I've been admiring this brand for a long time. This is first up on my wish list-- the medium Metro tote:

image.jpeg

After that, at some point, l will be ordering this medium Sutton:

image.jpeg

As you can see, l favor the quilted and colorblock options. Unfortunately my two choices are not on sale at the moment...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own 5 MZ Wallace bags.   They are great.  Off to check the sale 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I've been admiring this brand for a long time. This is first up on my wish list-- the medium Metro tote:

image.jpeg

After that, at some point, l will be ordering this medium Sutton:

image.jpeg

As you can see, l favor the quilted and colorblock options. Unfortunately my two choices are not on sale at the moment...

@handygal2 Classic choices that will likely go with most anything. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

Hey @Serendipity....I am feeling Sparrow in all styles. Love the rose gold hardware...I stalk ebay for past season styles with rosegold like Kingsport grey, mahogany and olive.

I have asked my husband for a new MZ for Christmas. Maybe even get 2 items (2 bags or a bag and a charm or other accessory).  I'll be stalking MZ website and a few others ie Nordstrom, Bloomies, Saks, Larrimor's and Sandspoint Shop.

FYI for black MZ's try Sandspoint Shop when they have their 20 / 25% off sales.

I've been using my jewel print small sutton a lot on weekends. Love that bag. Definitely plan to get in another color or 2.

Jewel Print Oxford Small Sutton

For a work bag, because I tend to carry more, I've been using a black Frankie (original version with lock) that I got on ebay. Lock doesn't work but that's fine. I really like the size of this bag, the way it carries and capacity. I don't want the travel one but am open to Mulberry.

Image result for mz wallace black frankie with pink satin

Can't wait for the 12 Days sale. Sometimes colors from past seasons pop up so if anything Dawn w/ silver pops up I may grab. It's such a great dark navy with a light blue interior. Now that I know I like the Kate and Lizze, if they show up I'll probably get both. My mother wants a red bag so if Poppy small or Medium Madison turns up I'll grab one for her.

Anyway, thanks for starting this thread! I hope people feel free to post and include other nylon bags as well. I have developed a preference for my MZW over the years but I've had and enjoyed carrying other bags as well. I still look at and lust after leather bags all the time. Of all the bags I check out, I prefer looks and functionality of MZW. I can't always justify spending $ on any more bags whether nylon, leather or pleather but I have very little will power Smiley Happy. I have a 1hr 15 min long commute including subway / bus / 15 min walk so I have developed a preference based on how I live with and use my bags and MZW ones work best for me. When I switch out, I always go back. 

@foo foo shi shi Thanks, Foo. I have never heard of Sandspoint or Larrimor's, but will check them out.

I like all your choices too, especially that small sutton in jewel. Bet that looks striking with black. I would just love a black Paige with silver hardware, since I have the gold version. As for Frankie, can you believe I ordered the bedford mineral last year but ended up returning it. Now I wish I had kept it, realizing how limited it is to find in the black and silver hardware.

Except for one other bag, I relaize I've been using MZ bags exclusively for the past six months or so. They are comfy, I keep using them even though I like my other bags too.

BTW, that is one long commute! Smiley Happy