Trusted Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace: Summertime Blues

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 Woman Very Happy Great pumpkin is so festive and perfect for now, especially with so much going on. We saw hazy skies and the smoke from CA here in IL! Woman Surprised

I wish MZW would come out with a burnt orange or teal bag, but I think those colors in Crazy Quilt are what we will see this fall. I really love that Crazy Quilt. I also ordered and have the Micro Sutton in Crazy Quilt that you have. Woman Happy

MZ WALLACE - Crazy Quilt Print Micro Sutton Bag

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 Woman Very Happy Great pumpkin is so festive and perfect for now, especially with so much going on. We saw hazy skies and the smoke from CA here in IL! Woman Surprised

I wish MZW would come out with a burnt orange or teal bag, but I think those colors in Crazy Quilt are what we will see this fall. I really love that Crazy Quilt. I also ordered and have the Micro Sutton in Crazy Quilt that you have. Woman Happy

MZ WALLACE - Crazy Quilt Print Micro Sutton Bag

You must have the most fabulous collection. ❤️ I'd love it, if you'd share some pictures!  Jealous 🥴

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK  Trust me, she does...I am most jealous of her Raven

I pulled out my Leopard print Suttons today.  Was in that in that kind of mood. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I like the Blue Leopard in the new Bowery collection. I will think about the tote if it goes on clearance at some point. I think the larger crossbody is still too small for me. Super cute print though. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK @hicindy2 Your posts about my MZW collection made me smile. I've had a challenging week and I truly appreciate your messages! Woman Happy

SuhseK, I think you have some cool handbags, too, with your wonderful taste -- including the Small Abbey Tote in the Graphite Glazed Linen if I'm remembering correctly.

The Graphite Glazed Linen Small Abbey is the perfect day to night  accessory. | Balenciaga city bag, Leather handle, Linen

HC, I think I just saw the Raven Belle on Poshmark at a reasonable price; it sold quickly. Oh my I just saw it on ebay for six bills...way, way too high!!

It's fun to look on ebay, Poshmark and Mercari for MZ Wallace...you never know, you may find just what you are searching for and New With Tags!

I remember when Raven and Fur Print came out and I was like WHAT?? After receiving both, they are two of my absolute favorite prints. I also recently saw the Fur Print Small Abbey Tote on Mercari. My niece has this one:

MZ Wallace Abbey With Fur Print Nylon Cross Body Bag - Tradesy

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@SuhseK  Trust me, she does...I am most jealous of her Raven

I pulled out my Leopard print Suttons today.  Was in that in that kind of mood. 

@hicindy2 I love your leopard Small Suttons!! Heart Heart

I need to find my Magnet Paige and use it with the Medium Metro Tote in Magnet Leopard. Grrrrr!! Woman Wink

MEDIUM METRO TOTE in Magnet Leopard - ONE 2 ONE ONLINE

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  Just saw your update on the small Max.  Well, I think we all agree, the style/fabric has to work !! No more keeping "maybe" bags.  Wore my Magnet Paige today and it is a bit boring. It needed a charm or something to jazz it up.  Bringing my Brighton one out...

The Magnet would work great with your tote. 

MZ WALLACE - Paige Crossbody

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I love Brighton charms!! Great idea!! Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  So I had to channel our beloved Tim Gunn

I ordered the new style the Metro Sidekick with my birthday $.

I wanted something basic with pockets and just roomy enough that would stand up in rainy weather (hopefully it will rain soon). 

My Radley hoping for rain wallet (I have the black, not navy)

Whether you're embarking on a trip or just a busy day, the Metro Sidekick is the bag you want by your side. With a thoughtfully organized interior, multiple exterior pockets and an adjustable crossbody strap for hands-free carrying, it's the ultimate option for days when you need to carry a little more.

Black Rec Metro Sidekick (1305X1590)

What I failed to notice, if you study the other pics, is that the strap is fixed (doesn't swivel) like our normal hooks and strap. 

This was SO not going to work for me.  So I got Mr. HC (ex engineer) to rummage out in the garage and find the perfect thing to snip off the fixed straps leaving the small rings.  Then I put a wide black MZW strap with the swivel clips onto the rings and VOILA.  Perfect. Now I'm happy. .it adjusts properly over the shoulder and has room for hand sani, masks, and has a big cell phone pocket in the back. 

Best of all, it has morphed into a sporty Messenger bag which is what I was after. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I was sad when I looked at this picture and saw all the bag charms.  I miss them..

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  So I had to channel our beloved Tim Gunn

I ordered the new style the Metro Sidekick with my birthday $.

I wanted something basic with pockets and just roomy enough that would stand up in rainy weather (hopefully it will rain soon). 

My Radley hoping for rain wallet (I have the black, not navy)

Whether you're embarking on a trip or just a busy day, the Metro Sidekick is the bag you want by your side. With a thoughtfully organized interior, multiple exterior pockets and an adjustable crossbody strap for hands-free carrying, it's the ultimate option for days when you need to carry a little more.

Black Rec Metro Sidekick (1305X1590)

What I failed to notice, if you study the other pics, is that the strap is fixed (doesn't swivel) like our normal hooks and strap. 

This was SO not going to work for me.  So I got Mr. HC (ex engineer) to rummage out in the garage and find the perfect thing to snip off the fixed straps leaving the small rings.  Then I put a wide black MZW strap with the swivel clips onto the rings and VOILA.  Perfect. Now I'm happy. .it adjusts properly over the shoulder and has room for hand sani, masks, and has a big cell phone pocket in the back. 

Best of all, it has morphed into a sporty Messenger bag which is what I was after. Heart

@hicindy2 Woman Surprised What a neat surprise this was to read! Woman Very Happy

Congratulations on getting a new sidekick that works for you with the keen engineering from Mr. HC so you can use the swivel strap!! I was wondering what you would choose with your birthday $$. That bag is cool and those pockets will be perfect for masks and all. Great size, and I am sure it is comfortable to carry, too. Happy for you! Enjoy, EEL Woman Happy