Honored Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace: Beyond the Summertime Blues

@hicindy2 Uh oh, that darn Very Naughty List...Woman Surprised Woman Wink

If anyone goes to the mzwallace dot com website and hovers over the top area that mentions the extra percent off of the sale items, there is a box with details and in the box is the code to apply at checkout. Woman Happy

I ordered two backpacks as future gifts for my niece! Woman Very Happy

Madelyn Backpack in Dawn Bedford

MZ Wallace Madelyn Backpack | SaksFifthAvenue

Tribeca Backpack in Light Grey Camo

MZ Wallace Tribeca Backpack - ShopStyle

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  Nice choices.  She will be thrilled.

Did I recall that @Serendipity bought this Crosby tote one year and then returned it because it was awkward and ill balanced ?? Sure looks great with all those pockets...there have been so many variations on the theme. 

Cathy comic strip character canvas tote bag, Have it all and carry it all with me!

Black with Silver Hardware Crosby Tote (10490108)

Found my answer:  January 2018, she returned it 

"So my crosby tote will be returned, if just because nordies made the unusual mistake of not including the crossbody strap (?). It's a nice tote, but after adding my laptop into the separate sleeve (oh why can't more bags have this feature), carrying vertically is not ideal. I wondered if it might feel heavier and, yes, it does! If I didn't already have the harlow and paris totes,"

I just noticed that Bloomie's has a Mushroom Crosby City bag. That one is new to me...MZW has it in black and fog. 

MZ WALLACE - Crosby City Bag

Looks like a large Roxy crossed with a Crosby

I dug out my Acorn Mia from the high points of Advent 2017: those were the best days of all

It was my "Urban Excursion" bag

I missed out on the fabulous Clara

Called it the Teapot bag

Related image

I think you needed the fainting couch that year Heart

Image result for images victorian green fainting couch

Did you find the this Crosby style to be boxy ?? I think you bought the dressy one..

Magnet Oxford Crosby (10050404)

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 LOL about the green fainting couch!! So true!! 

I thought the Crosby (regular size) in Black Lacquer was a stunning bag. I carried it. The multitude of openings did not work for me, nor did the boxy aspect. I was thinking of trying the SMALL Crosby which is still available in Black with silver hardware and Magnet with gold hardware. I remember @WhiteFlowers trying out the various bags in the MZW store (and squeezing them, so cute) and she decided on the Small Crosby in Black Lacquer which she said was the perfect size for her. Would you consider the Small Crosby, HC?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  I played with the small Crosby and the regular Downtown tote at Nordie's and was not wow'd. Just a bit too small for regular wallet, glasses, keys, small make up bag, extra mask, and hand sani. That's the minimum that I am trudging around with.

However, there is an online review that disputes that !!

"I have 2 small Crosby bags...they are some of my favorites and I own quite a variety of MZ Wallace bags/backpacks/travel bags. What I like? The size: not too big or small, easy to do as a crossbody or with chain strap (adds weight but style overrides it) to dress it up. Love the amount of zippered pockets, both interior and exterior. Plenty of room for wallet (larger size), pair (or 2) of eye glass cases, masks along with personal items. Cons: Soft quilted outside is nice but for some reason it’s not my favorite. Really wish they would do this bag in the original MZ Wallace nylon. It’s so much sturdier than the quilted. The additional, detachable inner bag is a waste for me. It’s so flimsy but I do put my EarPods and charging cable in it. This bag is my daily “go to” but again, the quilted fabric isn’t a winner for me."

MZ WALLACE - Small Crosby Crossbody

MZ WALLACE M Z Wallace Downtown Crosby Crossbody Bag, Main, color, BLACK

Larrimor's still has that Crosby in the leopard print and I can't count the times I've looked at the bag...so cute. 

MZ Wallace Downtown Crosby in Leopard Print Oxford

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily  I was browsing around at MZ and noticed they did not have any of my fave small metro backpacks available.  I hope they will restock, I still want a solid color (I have the leopard.) I am not a fan of the look of the new one with the tote handles.  I don't won't 2 handles sticking up on my back!   

Esteemed Contributor

@Roni18  I remember you getting that one...it is adorable. Glad to hear from you. Whatta year, huh ?? 

Super cutie

I liked the stars too, but didn't venture into the backpack zone. 

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 I am still carrying that one.  I've had problems with arthritis and a hip replcacement this year and it is so much easier carrying that than a heavier purse.  

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 You are brave having the hip replacement! I hope it really has helped you and that it is healing by now? Did you have physical therapy at home? How are you doing? I am so glad your cute leopard backpack is helping you carry your items! I hope MZW comes out with more backpacks in that style because it is not a large backpack and it is very soft in that fabric. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily @hicindy2  Bought this bag at my Magic Shop today. I had never heard of this brand but it is really pretty. Brand new for $28.00. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway   Wish I had a Magic Shop.  Beautiful seasonless color. Enjoy !! Usually, I would be all over the Dooney year end sale.  I like the Jeans color, but just too heavy, 

B1961G_9PJEPAKR