Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Shanus

Yes! The value is in the experiences the bags represent, isn't it? We have been sorting through snapshots lately, and I happened to notice that first Dooney in photos of me on different trips over decades! I age, but the bag still looks fresh!!!

@libbyannE I found a photo, a long time ago, of me in college holding a Dooney satchel. Probably kept the bag until about 5 yrs. ago.

Honored Contributor

Re: MY NEWEST DOONEY

[ Edited ]

I have a real soft spot for Dooneys.  At a time with no money, I found a very used Dooney satchel at the Thrift Shop.  Believe me, I debated spending $15 on it, but I did and LOVED that bag.  I put more wear on it over the next year and also found out I could turn it into Dooney to see if they could repair it.  They couldn't but offered me a brand new one in any color, same style for half price!!!   My DH said it would be my birthday present and I got it in Navy Blue and have had it since the early 90's!  It's in beautiful condition.  I know Dooney has changed but their product still wears like iron..... and since that time, I've owned a lot of very high end handbags and still come back to Dooney.  I still love them and recently purchased a Zip-Zip...... Woman LOL       

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Some women, me included, appreciate and would rather own, a well made leather bag that’ll last long enough to put in my will. 

Yes, there is some status involved having the Dooney name recognized, but lately, the name plate has gotten smaller, more discrete and I see no downturn in sales. Quality sells the bag, not the name. 

We’re each entitled to spend our money as we wish. Dooney bashing? That’s a new one. What you have to say about my LV bags?

Honored Contributor

I had a nice collection of LVs including several Limited Editions and accessories.  I've sold all but two of them, a vintage Petit Noe and a Tulum GM.... just can't say goodbye.  Also Burberry, Kate Spade, Coach, Balenciaga, Fendi, Chanel, and have sold most of them.  I love handbags... but I still come back to Dooney... Heart 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Shanus

I love your new pocketbook!!  I know you will enjoy it for years.  I had a Tignanello bag very similar to yours that I loved and carried for nearly 10 years.  It's just a good serviceable style for every occasion and the color should go with anything you wear.   

Regular Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I rec’d my new D&B yesterday. Good price...and e/p. I’ve been looking for a neutral color and prefer a hobo (only 1 strap, so 2nd doesn’t slip off). The color is Taupe, but really looks Elephant/Grey/Taupe AND silver hardware. Yay!88072FC7-F936-42B6-AC24-05B244F9B5F0.jpeg

I love your new Dooney.  I was at the QVC Lancaster, PA Outlet last week and got the Dooney Teagan, which aired over the weekend.  I also got the taupe color.  On air it was $257 and I paid $79.56 total.  Great deal.  I hope you enjoy your new Dooney!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I rec’d my new D&B yesterday. Good price...and e/p. I’ve been looking for a neutral color and prefer a hobo (only 1 strap, so 2nd doesn’t slip off). The color is Taupe, but really looks Elephant/Grey/Taupe AND silver hardware. Yay!88072FC7-F936-42B6-AC24-05B244F9B5F0.jpeg

Very elegant bag! Enjoy in good health!