New Contributor

I have two Carousel bags of different colors, and the Tandem wallet. I love them all because of a bad shoulder (and their light weight), and of course their organizational features.. I ordered the new Scoop in Cranberry Red. I loved that it had more zipper compartments and is a slightly larger size than  my Carousels for when I needed to carry more. However, I sent it back because of the thin outer fabric, which also has a shiny finish with no quilting like the others I've seen. My Carousels are of very sturdy fabric with a lot of 'body' and have the quilting to dress them up a bit and make them substantial. The Scoop's shiny thin fabric snagged on something on the bottom and sustained a tiny hole with white showing through. I was afraid of more snags or the little hole growing larger, so back it went. When I consider another Scoop (which I really want), I wonder if the Heather Grey is a different fabric weight and texture. It appears to be much more substantial. Does anyone know about the Heather Grey fabric?

Honored Contributor

Re: Lug's new bag, the Scoop

@3CatMama Hopefully, someone who received the Heather Gray will respond, and my opinion is that it will be a stronger fabric that will be more to your liking. I would not be surprised if Ami comes up with other colors and materials for the Scoop, as they do with their other handbags, maybe even the quilting, which would give added protection.

I have the Scoop in Riverwalk Navy and don't have a problem with the material. It is a light-weight nylon and cleans up well. No problems with its durability.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

The initial pictures QVC showed of this model were a gorgeous grape color fabric that apparently was never available.  I think the bag is really cute but I'm holding out for that color if it's ever available. @3CatMama sorry you had difficulty with the cranberry color. 

Super Contributor

I have the brushed gray Scoop bag, and the material does seem thin, I think because it is  a solid lighter color, and all my other Lug bags are quilted, or have a  pattern. I like the gray with black trim, but it seemed little dull so added a pink Pom Pom key chain to outside. It’s seems sturdy, and I don’t think it will will tear easily.  I really like it as holds everything, and for the price , is a good deal. 

Respected Contributor

@cw88 wrote:

The initial pictures QVC showed of this model were a gorgeous grape color fabric that apparently was never available.  I think the bag is really cute but I'm holding out for that color if it's ever available. @3CatMama sorry you had difficulty with the cranberry color. 

@cw88, the Scoop is available in Concord Purple now.