I saw 2 handbags today that I would have ordered had there been more neutral colors such as a pewter, silver, or denim.  Prints are pretty but they do not coordinate as well with many outfits. 

Respected Contributor

@splishsplash wrote:

I saw 2 handbags today that I would have ordered had there been more neutral colors such as a pewter, silver, or denim.  Prints are pretty but they do not coordinate as well with many outfits. 

In total agreement with you @splishsplash.  I have purchased a few of her bags and really like them, but I also think many of her prints are limited with what you could wear with them.  I too would like to see more neutral solid colors. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

I agree...i like neutral also.

Respected Contributor

I have the bag in black and grey. I love them. Like the one with the butterfly. Thinking about it. They are light and easy.

'Rarely wear my leather bags.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lug handbags

[ Edited ]

Agree. I'm new to Lug this year...only purchased a few & all but one are neutral solids, and even the one print I purchased is more "neutral" colors in a subtle print....still, it's the one I hardly ever use.

I own a black, brushed grey, and a blush pink...all various cross-bodies. I have enough now. Oh and one black backpack...the Hatchback...love it.

I did buy a few small accessories, one bloom black mini trolley for traveling with makeup, and the clipper (to cover my curling iron when traveling) in flamingo black; they didn't offer solids in that anyway.

But the handbags are a different story. Not only are the solids more practical with everything, but I don't find their prints or color patterns to be very stylish. Ok for a fun beach bag or tote...but not my everyday handbag. Jmo. Obviously they sell boatloads of prints...people collect them!

Esteemed Contributor

I'll be the lone dissent here! A neutral bag is never at the top of my list since I don't coordinate my bags with what I'm wearing. I love a colorful bag, bright colors or prints. As for Lug, the Samba xl has become my favorite because it is so lightweight and has plenty of room. Most people don't notice my slacks or leggings, or the shirt that I'm wearing, but I regularly get compliments on my handbags!

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I'll be the lone dissent here! A neutral bag is never at the top of my list since I don't coordinate my bags with what I'm wearing. I love a colorful bag, bright colors or prints. As for Lug, the Samba xl has become my favorite because it is so lightweight and has plenty of room. Most people don't notice my slacks or leggings, or the shirt that I'm wearing, but I regularly get compliments on my handbags!

I love my samba xl too. Shibori blue. As for Lug in general I'm a certified lugnut. I have many lug products from purses to makeup cases to wallets. I love my Rangers in Amber and Walnut. Best size and features of all of the lug bags. At least for me. Now, I did just buy a smallish Kate Spade satchel because I feel very ladylike when I carry it- also it's called Darcy which is my daughter's name 😊 It is a cafe au lait color, no embellishments. I think every handbag wardrobe should have at least one beautiful high quality leather bag. 
As we speak I have the Patricia Nash tote in my cart for the "blowout price" of $84, free s/h. That seems like a steal. I probably need an intervention so I don't pull the trigger on it.  😉🥳

Harmonize the World
Occasional Contributor

I recently purchased a much admired Adagio handbag.  I had waited a while to purchase but since it is such a best seller it doesn't often go on sale.  The stitching on the bag seemed not right but i assumed that after some use it would "break in".  Seems that stitching is off and will not "break in".   I have not returned because i love the Tropical fog pattern and QVC is sold out.  Hate togove up the bag. Will Lug help?

E3962E26-1394-4CED-9D83-3C514DC61106.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I've tried hard to get into Lug bags, but just can't.  I don't like a purse to have a loud print.  I prefer solid colors.

However, I have purchased about 5 Lug handbags and returned all of them the same day.  I just don't think they look or feel like they're worth the price paid.  

I know a lot of people love them, but I have given up.