Respected Contributor

Re: Lug bag recommendation for international travel

[ Edited ]

@Theresa1121 ... Not Lug, but I just got a great bag .... eBags brand Mother Lode 21" carry-on.  It has great organization and great reviews.  I also purchased a three set of their packing cubes and the Lug Trolley toiletry case.  I'm heading out for a long weekend on Saturday, and then 10 days at the end of the month.  I test packed it for the long trip.  Here's what I packed.... One pair of jeans, one pair of thick leggings, four pairs of shorts, eight or nine short sleeve tops, and one very light weight jacket, two bathing suits and two long-sleeve swim tops, one pair of sandals, five or six days worth of undies, and the toiletry case, which will hold a lot.  I probably missed something, but you get the idea.  All fit well, with some room to spare.  I'm looking forward to using it!

Respected Contributor

@Theresa1121 wrote:

Thanks for the specific info. I looked at the Flutter but will check out Wings and Shimmy. That packable bag is really a great price.

You're welcome, @Theresa1121. I have the original Flutter and I think it's a probably too small. It's larger in terms of length and height, but it's a very narrow bag - only 1 inch in depth. That makes it a tight fit inside and I rarely use it for that reason.

Valued Contributor

@teainlondon wrote:

@Theresa1121 wrote:

I want to get my daughter a purse and a carryon or tote for travel to India.

Please recommend any experience you have had with traveling with Lug bags.

I really love a lot of them but always like first hand experience and have been reading reviews.

TIA!

I don't know if this will help as I have never traveled over seas with my Lug, but it has done some tough duty. My husband has heart problems and our Heart Hospital is an hour away. Every time we go for tests, doctor appointments, and when he had heart surgery,and now heart procedures,  I always pack a rolling carry on, a cosmetic that sits on top, and my Lug. That way I have everything we need for hospital stay (the longest was 17 days). I stay in his room 24/7 and don't leave him. The Lug is a dream to handle. I love all of the pockets on the outside. This Lug has a bottom separate compartment for shoes, but I use that for snacks (since I am diabetic) in case I can't get to the cafeteria which is miles away from his room. The other pockets are not that small. There is a water bottle pocket on the outside and even my laptop fits in it. I put all my technology in it as well as odds and ends. I have packed it with clothes, and I can get a number of outfits in it. It has been a lifesaver for me going to the hospital and having to stay. It is well made and easy because of the enforced shoulder strap. I have the Quilter North/South Overnight Bag. It ws $97.57 and well worth every penny. I'm not sure they still make this style, but there ohers similar that would be just as functional. I think these are the best travel made bags I have ever used, and I am retired and in my 70's. I wish I had had a Lug on trips to Europe when I was younger. I don't think you can go wrong with these bags.

tea

Thank you for the information. I will check them out. It sounds as if the Overnight bag really helps you and that is terrific. Anything to lower the stress when making the trips to the hospital are worth their weight in gold. I just ordered the nylon bag as only $35 and not sure who will use it but had to have it. Still checking out all the many other bags. (best wishes to you and your husband with the health issues you are facing).

Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Theresa1121 wrote:

I want to get my daughter a purse and a carryon or tote for travel to India.

Please recommend any experience you have had with traveling with Lug bags.

I really love a lot of them but always like first hand experience and have been reading reviews.

TIA!

I know you asked about Lug, but I prefer Travelon as some of the travel bags and backpacks are anti-theft.  

I've ordered from QVC and also Amazon sells them.

@Sunshine Kate @Theresa1121 I also recommend Travelon for the purse/crossbody. I love the security features of the Travelon purses and felt much more secure in Italy than if I had brought my Lug purse. They're affordable and come in some stylish designs that don't scream, "I'm a tourist!" Woman Tongue I bought mine from eBags because they've got great sales. Love my Lugs for everyday use!

Frequent Contributor

I travel abroad s lot.Lug is my favorite because they

Are lightweight, highly organized, have luggage sleeves to fit over handles of other bags. I am very, very picky about luggage and I actually find them to be perfect. The Puddle Jumper is just fantastic.

Respected Contributor

I have traveled all over with Travelon bags.  They are the easiest to use and they hold so much.  Their designed organization pockets is amazing.  Getting ready for another trip and can't wait to pack my travelons.

Respected Contributor

@Theresa1121  My Lug bags have been all over Italy,  Alaska,  Hawaii and are going to London/Paris next year.   They are sturdy, smartly organized, roomy, lightweight and they have one to satisfy any need or trip.   I now own 8!