Honored Contributor

Lug - Branding Name on Front of Bag

I like Lug bags and have a lot. Lately though I've noticed they are putting the name in metal on the front of the bags. I know they've always done it, but on the bags I have the branding tag blends in with the color of the bag more.

I prefer the "old" way. Am I the only one? 

Super Contributor

Re: Lug - Branding Name on Front of Bag

Where would you have them put it???  On the back would defeat the purpose wouldn't it.  Most bags have their name on the front I think.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who hates the designer name / brand name written in an obvious way on a bag.  What's the point of it? other than an advertisement for the maker.  anyway, I think it's awful.  there are plenty of subtle ways this can be done to signify a brand.  To do it the way they do these days lessens the draw for me - I've decided not to purchase many times because of it.    When I was shopping for flatware about 10 years ago I loved some of the styles, and found for the ones made in china it was regulated by that goverment to stamp them in the largest lettering possible in a place that could be easily seen:  MADE IN CHINA.  Ugh.  pass for me.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't gotten any of the newer bags.  Mine all still have the tags that are the same color as the bag.

Honored Contributor

@IdahoGram wrote:

Where would you have them put it???  On the back would defeat the purpose wouldn't it.  Most bags have their name on the front I think.

@IdahoGram - Oh no - I didn't mean move it from the front! I just meant it should blend in more. I have a lot that have the tag on the front, but they blend in more. I just prefer that look better.  Smiley Happy

Here's the way they used to do it, and the way they're doing it now:

1CA847AB-FC2D-41B9-9C40-D5B8A26CB964.jpeg

580F089E-44E0-4348-B3A5-192DFDFB9B33.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@beach-mom sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who hates the designer name / brand name written in an obvious way on a bag.  What's the point of it? other than an advertisement for the maker.  anyway, I think it's awful.  there are plenty of subtle ways this can be done to signify a brand.  To do it the way they do these days lessens the draw for me - I've decided not to purchase many times because of it.    When I was shopping for flatware about 10 years ago I loved some of the styles, and found for the ones made in china it was regulated by that goverment to stamp them in the largest lettering possible in a place that could be easily seen:  MADE IN CHINA.  Ugh.  pass for me.  

@moonandthestars - It's good to know I'm not alone!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You are not alone.....the metal logo is not attractive and not subtle.

Esteemed Contributor

We all have different tastes - I'm perfectly fine with the newer Lug logo, and actually like it. Just as I like the noticeable Dooney logo and other designer handbag logos

as well. To be honest, I don't spend time looking at the logo of any bag when I'm carrying it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like names on bags OR clothing, especially BUTTONS!  Why ruin an outfit by plastering the name of the brand on the buttons?  That guarantees that no one can meet you without looking at your button down and seeing the name on 8 buttons from your neck to your waist, and knowing that you shop from tv.  Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

I'm commenting on this again. I think they are going with this metal logo on the front of bags, wallets, etc.

I would have ordered the TSV if they had affixed their logo the way they used to. 

I actually emailed the company a while back asking if they would have some bags with the original logo in the future. I never heard back. 

I did get the Big Deal set F42193. The logo blends in more!

I think my choices when it comes to Lug are going to be very limited.

JMHO of course!   Smiley Happy