Honored Contributor

Lug Bags With Water Bottle Holders

I have a small Lug crossbody, I think it's called the Carousel. I need one with a water bottle holder to use at work for part of the day. It can be a small water bottle holder because they have refill stations.

The bag has to be a crossbody and not too big or heavy. Enough to hold my phone and other essentials. I was looking at the Flapper crossbody on Ebags. How secure is the water bottle?

Any advice is much appreciated. Even if you have a good one that's not a Lug. I do prefer the quality and quilted fabric of the Lug.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lug Bags With Water Bottle Holders

I have F13349 and love it. It's on clearance now for 39.99. 

Respected Contributor

I own this one from Travelon.  I just searched for it. It is on sale at Target's site for $25.

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 7.39.24 AM.png

Respected Contributor

I have a travelon bag that I ordered from Kohls that is a crossbody and has a water bottle holder.  I only use it when I travel, but I love it.  My local Kohl's doesn't carry travelon, but online has them.

Respected Contributor

I have the Lug Flapper and the water bottle holder is very secure. I usually use the small 8 oz. bottle of water so that it doesn’t make the bag too heavy and just refill as needed throughout the day. 

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 Does the water bottle stay secure and is the bag still balanced well with a water bottle?

Is it a lightweight bag? I like the bag you posted because it looks like there aren't too many compartments. With my Lug bag sometimes I forget where things are because there are so many compartments. That can get annoying.

Honored Contributor

I have Lug F13343 which is now on sale for $50.56, clearance price.

Esteemed Contributor

An alternative is a water bottle with a clip or clasp on it that attaches and hangs onto any bag. I have one that collapses.  You can google it and or go to Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu Thank you, I didn't even know they made collapsible water bottles. Will look on Amazon

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@momoftwo2007 Does the water bottle stay secure and is the bag still balanced well with a water bottle?

Is it a lightweight bag? I like the bag you posted because it looks like there aren't too many compartments. With my Lug bag sometimes I forget where things are because there are so many compartments. That can get annoying.

@Greeneyedlady21  I just tried mine on with the water bottle. The water bottle stays very secure (the water bottle compartment has a stretchy mesh to help it stay secure).  The bag is balanced with the water bottle, especially when you wear it crossbody.  The bag is very lightweight.  And it has several compartments, but not too many that I feel annoyed.