Honored Contributor

My sense is they're practical if largely unattractive. They're fine as luggage or as a functional practical tote. I don't personally consider them in the same category as handbags or purses. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you want a high-end nylon bag, you might check out MZ Wallace bags.  They're pricey but affordable when they have clearance sales or are sold on eBay.  They are beautifully made, often with leather handles and straps.  When you have one in hand, you understand the quality, which surpasses other fabric bags.

As well it should, given they're priced at the same level as many 'better' leather bags... Then again, in fairness, I'm neither a fan of nylon bags nor of this brand...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you want a high-end nylon bag, you might check out MZ Wallace bags.  They're pricey but affordable when they have clearance sales or are sold on eBay.  They are beautifully made, often with leather handles and straps.  When you have one in hand, you understand the quality, which surpasses other fabric bags.

As well it should, given they're priced at the same level as many 'better' leather bags... Then again, in fairness, I'm neither a fan of nylon bags nor of this brand...

I felt that way too @stevieb, until I actually got one in hand and was able to closely examine it.  The workmanship on the Wallace bags is superb, the zippers and hardware, the braided handles and tassels, the stitching.  You have to see and touch to appreciate.  My objection is the dark drab colors they often use; very New York City.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Lug Bags - Help

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I felt that way too @stevieb, until I actually got one in hand and was able to closely examine it.  The workmanship on the Wallace bags is superb, the zippers and hardware, the braided handles and tassels, the stitching.  You have to see and touch to appreciate.  My objection is the dark drab colors they often use; very New York City.

@Kachina624 I have examined them pretty closely and in person but, for me, no sale... We're all different, but I absolutely agree with you on most of those colors and most of the patterns too... They've offered a few nice colors but mostly I just shake my head when I read some of the posts from the faithful, expounding on how 'beautiful' those fifty shades of grey, mud brown, drab green and so on... are.

Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Arianny - lug handbags are FANTASTIC!!! I have many! (10+). I have many Dooley & Bourke bags and, of course, they’re nice, but I consistently find myself preferring my Lug handbags! Lug handbags are very well made, attractive, and super functional. Once you try them, you’ll never go back. I would actually pay much more than their prices; it’s a huge perk that they are so reasonably priced. 

Regular Contributor

yes, they are lightweight and yes, mine have held up well with lots of use.  i carry the Puddle Jumper in black as my work bag (holds laptop and my lunch bag with everything else i need in all the comparments, room for extra clothes, etc if necessary).  i have the flyer (gray) which is smaller when i'm just running in/out somewhere and don't want a big bag.  I carry the mini-PJ the rest of the time because it holds so much but yet still isn't too big.  it was the perfect under-the-seat bag for plane travel.  I have the PJ wheelie (walnut) for travel purposes.  i love them all and think they're great (stylish and  functional) but everyone has their own definition of style i suppose.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@Arianny, I love LUG bags!! I have the one you got, but in a color which must no longer be available. It's a black floral print. I am using it right now.

For me personally, I am all about organization and pockets. I carry alot of stuff. Also, price is a consideration.

The pricier bags with minimal pockets just don't appeal to me.

I've bought several LUG bags and have been very happy with them. I hope you are as well. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I really can't wait to get mine and give it a try!  I hope I love it as much as all of you do.

Occasional Contributor

I've always been a leather bag snob, but Lug changed that. I really love their look, feel and organization. I own a two larger totes and a carry on suitcase. I use them for work and when I was a grad student, in class all day, they were great for organization and carrying around campus. They make traveling soooooo much easier, and they are so lightweight even when I load them up.

Respected Contributor

Have worn Lug bags for a few years now. Love them for their light weight. I recently splurged on a Vince Camuto bag and I love it. It is lightweight and will go crossbody when I need it. I buy bags for different reasons now.