Valued Contributor

Hi All.  I was wondering what everyone's impressions were of Lug Bags.  Are they lightweight?  How do they hold up over heavy use?  I see a couple that I think are really cute, and I am trying to move away from leather a bit, but I still want a cute/stylish bag.  All opinions welcome!  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@AriannyI don't have one, but some styles seem really practical, well priced,  and they get good reviews.  (I'm not a fan of the plastic feet on some of the bags.)  But I totally support this brand as it is a  purse/luggage without the use of leather.  Go for it!

Trusted Contributor

I have 3 different sizes I take when we travel and they are excellent.  Light weight, pockets for everything, keep things organize. Passport, camera, snacks anything you could think off.  I love them for traveling.  I've moved on from stylish to comfort.

Honored Contributor

I have one, the mini bus. I just got it and haven't carried it yet but it's very light with a ton of organization

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I have 2 small cross body bags that I just love.  One is a print and the other gray.  I used the first one for traveling and loved how it was totally secure. Every opening has a zipper and although it is small, it holds a lot. Perfect for traveling when you don't want a huge bag. I liked it so much I got the gray one to use this fall for everyday. They are so easy to just wipe off if they get dirty and seem waterproof if they get wet. I hope to get some of the larger ones someday.

Honored Contributor

@Arianny wrote:

Hi All.  I was wondering what everyone's impressions were of Lug Bags.  Are they lightweight?  How do they hold up over heavy use?  I see a couple that I think are really cute, and I am trying to move away from leather a bit, but I still want a cute/stylish bag.  All opinions welcome!  Thank you!

@Arianny I love every single Lug bag I have, which comes to 13! They are really great for traveling, but I also use them most days of the week. The ones I have are lightweight and definitely hold up over heavy use. One I use for when I go to the gym, so it gets tossed around a lot.

At first I tried to match all the pieces that I got, but decided to just go with different colors, which gives me more diversity.

I have the very small Splits wallet up to the large Puddle Jumper Wheelie, which I get great compliments on when I travel. The Flapper is great for being out and about, using it as a crossbody with its water (or umbrella) holder. 

Lug's best feature for me is that they always have lots of compartments and some are soft-lined for your cell phone (eyeglasses, etc.).

In addition, the vendor is constantly updating based upon feedback. They are willing to listen and incorporate our suggestions.

Esteemed Contributor

Great bag!  I have the "Ace".  It kept getting paint on it from a shelf at work, and I've been able to rub it off with no damage to the fabric.  It's tough.  Lightweight, functional, good looking.  I've gotten compliments on it.

Very versatile, very comfortable to carry.  I love the brushed walnut color and I could most definitely see others I would love to own (but do not need).

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone for your opinions.  I'm going for it!  I think I'm going for this one first:   F13116.

https://www.qvc.com/Lug-Carry-All-Shoulder-Bag---Romper.product.F13116.html?sc=NAVLIST

I just think this is so cute.  

Respected Contributor

I absolutely love them. All my nice leather bags have sat in my closet since I got my first Lug home and now I have handbags, wallets, totes, overnight bags, and wheelie bags by Lug.

Yes, they're very lightweight and mine have all held up very well. Lug did have issues with some zippers last year, but they've corrected the issue and I haven't experienced any of the reported zipper problems.

I love how organized they are and how I really do have a place for everything. And it's not just organization, it's smart organization. I love the newer clear pockets and built on slots for cards and IDs. I carry a lot of tech with me and my Lug bags always have a place to keep my battery pack, my cables, my Kindle, and my phone where I can always find them. My latest bag is the Scoop and I swear the bag is bigger on the inside because I have no idea how it holds so much.

The prints are really cute and I like the color choices for the solids.

Honored Contributor

If you want a high-end nylon bag, you might check out MZ Wallace bags.  They're pricey but affordable when they have clearance sales or are sold on eBay.  They are beautifully made, often with leather handles and straps.  When you have one in hand, you understand the quality, which surpasses other fabric bags.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment