Esteemed Contributor

I don't really need another bag, and I've been perfectly fine with my small Vera Tote for the past many months. But for some reason that cute Lug style appealed to me, plus I've seen a lot of positive comments about the brand here. I no longer gravitate to my leather Dooneys, Coach, etc - I need lightweight...ordered the Lug Samba XL last night

I'm retired and don't venture out too far with my weekly errands, so this bag should work out just fine. Crossing my fingers that I like the brand and the style!

Trusted Contributor

@jannabelle1  I have the regular Samba and really like it. It's not big enough to use as my everyday bag, but I like the options of wearing it over the shoulder or crossbody. I hope you like your new bag! 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @pinkmochi....the XL looks large enough, but we'll see. Looks like a great bag!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1  I like the copper brown & olive. I put the item in my wishlist. Thanks for the info...

I have the smaller Samba in the wine. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

product thumbnail 1

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lug Bag F14413

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1  I must own about 20  Baggallini, Lug and Kipling bags. I use them almost exclusively for 7 or more years now.  Baggallini and Kipling fabric bags wear like iron, the stitching, fabric and the straps.  They're machine washable, turn inside out, use gentle cycle, hang up to dry and they come out looking like brand new (just never machine wash a Kipling bag with metallic fabric).

I've never had a problem with Baggallini or Kipling.  Kipling has the best, smooth working  zippers.  I've been disappointed with Lug bags, I've found they're lesser quality than the other two brands.  The straps are not as sturdy, on two Lug bags the stitching came apart, one on the strap, the other on the bag.  I had a zipper break.  I had to toss those Lug bags.  Also, they are not machine washable.

Qvc carries Baggallini and Lug, they stopped carrying Kipling.  I'm just sharing my personal experiences with these popular brand fabric bags.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lug Bag F14413

[ Edited ]

Hedgren also makes high quality nylon bags. Roomy and lightweight. Have found them at Maxx.  I've also been very pleased with two Radley London crossbody bags recently ordered here on Q at sale prices. Their nylon fabric is high quality, and the bags are very comfortable across neck and shoulder. As an older lady, I too carry only fabric bags, although I still have a few of my favorite Dooney and Coach bags carried in my younger years when I was more into style than comfort. 

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

product thumbnail 1

I have the samba XL in this very color. It's one of my favorite bags. I literally love everything about it. 

Harmonize the World