Honored Contributor

Re: Loving Aimee Kestenberg bags!

[ Edited ]

I know, between the clasp and the fold over tab, it would drive me nuts...  If I were buying 'once in a blue moon' bags at this point, I'd consider it, but I'm not, so I won't...  Especially not unless it's on sale...

Smiley LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Received my clearance Dani in black today. It was wrapped as new and looks just like in the presentation.

One little perk: it fits my 13-inch Macbook air! It can go on either side of the middle compartment. (@tough_kitty hope you see this thread!) I realize the leather is soft on the bottom, but it seems to work OK for the air. A heavier laptop may be pushing it.

Some reviewers complained that the mag snap on the back was too hard to open and close. It's strong all right, but I find that it's nice in that you can slip your iphone on one side without opening the snap and it acts like a separate pocket. You do have to lift up the handle to do this. If you don't care for that idea, one of the inside pockets is roomy and fits an iphone6 in an otterbox with room to spare.

A266047 Aimee Kestenberg Dani Quilted Leather Satchel

Also received the matching wallet. The outside pocket is not meant for a cased phone as the snap (not magnetic) could scratch the screen on either side. It will fit inside, however. Unfortunately mine was a previously returned item and it was damaged in that the middle zip compartment was folded down and has what appears to be a permanent crease making the zip not face upward.

A266048 Aimee Kestenberg Quilted Wallet

Anyone else receive their new AK bags?

Trusted Contributor

Edith, I ordered that bag in the black and am waiting for it to arrive. I'll post my review when I receive it.
Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Received my clearance Dani in black today. It was wrapped as new and looks just like in the presentation.

One little perk: it fits my 13-inch Macbook air! It can go on either side of the middle compartment. (@tough_kitty hope you see this thread!) I realize the leather is soft on the bottom, but it seems to work OK for the air. A heavier laptop may be pushing it.

Some reviewers complained that the mag snap on the back was too hard to open and close. It's strong all right, but I find that it's nice in that you can slip your iphone on one side without opening the snap and it acts like a separate pocket. You do have to lift up the handle to do this. If you don't care for that idea, one of the inside pockets is roomy and fits an iphone6 in an otterbox with room to spare.

A266047 Aimee Kestenberg Dani Quilted Leather Satchel

Also received the matching wallet. The outside pocket is not meant for a cased phone as the snap (not magnetic) could scratch the screen on either side. It will fit inside, however. Unfortunately mine was a previously returned item and it was damaged in that the middle zip compartment was folded down and has what appears to be a permanent crease making the zip not face upward.

A266048 Aimee Kestenberg Quilted Wallet

Anyone else receive their new AK bags?

Oh, Serendipity @Serendipity I am so glad the Dani is a winner! I thought so...I think it is just beautiful, classic and elegant! Well, since I canceled my orders of the four Dani bags (I thought it was just too much) I may have to reconsider and order just one! I can't decide between the black and the royal blue! I may go royal with the matching royal blue wallet. That's too bad about the defect in your wallet! Will you request another or just send it back? Have a good day, EEL

Honored Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:
Edith, I ordered that bag in the black and am waiting for it to arrive. I'll post my review when I receive it.

Hi Luvtoshopathome (so do I, by the way Woman Wink) -- The black is so chic! Good for you for ordering it! I hope you like it and enjoy carrying it! The other day I thought I ordered too many of these Dani bags (I ordered four!) so I canceled the orders. Now I think I'm going to have to order just one of these pretty Dani bags! Looking forward to your review, EEL

Frequent Contributor

Totally loving the Aimee Kestenberg bags !!!  If you love high-end bags, why wouldn't you... see her impressive bio below:

She was accepted into the prestigious Parsons The New School for Design. While attending Parsons, Aimee completed design internships with various luxury brands including Ralph Lauren Collection, Isaac Mizrahi Couture, Sass & Bide, Jill Stuart and Alexander McQueen. Aimee is also a three-time finalist and two-time winner of Independent Handbag Designer Awards. For three years, Aimee worked as an apprentice at The House of Couture. She was hand-picked and trained as the protégé of one of New York’s master craftsman and was trained in the key skills and techniques required to master the construction of couture accessories. Over the past five years, Aimee has designed Runway and RTW accessory collections for various luxury brands worldwide.

Question is... why would you ever buy G.I.L.I. handbags???  I say this and I own a couple of G.I.L.I bags that I love.  I guess that I have found a new "love" !!!

Super Contributor

I just got that in the gunmetal. So so pretty. And great organization. I had bought it AS IS but it came with a very strong cigarette smell that wouldn't come out. It is back listed so any smokers who want it, it is a great price. It is pretty enough I bought it new. Warning: some of,her styles get discontinued...I am lucky to have got the hobo with the snake chain at an incredible SS IS price...they are all gone now. Also got her convertible hobo, which can be worn 5 different ways, including as a back pack in emerald, not what I wanted, but they are all gone now. She is great, not to mention is you need to email her on her web site, they get right back to you and are super nice.
Honored Contributor

Oh, Serendipity @Serendipity I am so glad the Dani is a winner! I thought so...I think it is just beautiful, classic and elegant! Well, since I canceled my orders of the four Dani bags (I thought it was just too much) I may have to reconsider and order just one! I can't decide between the black and the royal blue! I may go royal with the matching royal blue wallet. That's too bad about the defect in your wallet! Will you request another or just send it back? Have a good day, EEL

@EdithEllenLily Hi EEL, it's very pretty and has a nice slim profile, and yet is forgiving in what it can accommodate. Very well made. (My defect was the product of incorrect packaging.) I like that it's a wallet without magnets, too. I just might request another, even though I ordered the Gili croco in smoke, too! Thinking ... thinking. Smiley Very Happy I saw your Q about the royal Dani and wallet vs. the Dooney bag. I don't know enough to comment on the Dooney bag, but I bet this one is pretty in the blue!

Honored Contributor

@Nikalette wrote:
I just got that in the gunmetal. So so pretty. And great organization. I had bought it AS IS but it came with a very strong cigarette smell that wouldn't come out. It is back listed so any smokers who want it, it is a great price. It is pretty enough I bought it new. Warning: some of,her styles get discontinued...I am lucky to have got the hobo with the snake chain at an incredible SS IS price...they are all gone now. Also got her convertible hobo, which can be worn 5 different ways, including as a back pack in emerald, not what I wanted, but they are all gone now. She is great, not to mention is you need to email her on her web site, they get right back to you and are super nice.

So glad you got a nice, new one! By the way, that AK hobo is one of my all-time favorites! There was an "as is" gunmetal one about two weeks ago that popped up. Just in case you're interested in keeping an eye out. (I'm guilty of multipes on this one! Smiley Wink)

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily Hi EEL, it's very pretty and has a nice slim profile, and yet is forgiving in what it can accommodate. Very well made. (My defect was the product of incorrect packaging.) I like that it's a wallet without magnets, too. I just might request another, even though I ordered the Gili croco in smoke, too! Thinking ... thinking. Smiley Very Happy I saw your Q about the royal Dani and wallet vs. the Dooney bag. I don't know enough to comment on the Dooney bag, but I bet this one is pretty in the blue!

@Serendipity Hi S -- That GILI wallet was beautiful! I am sure you will enjoy it. Woman Happy Well, I do not have a handbag or tote in royal blue (unlike our friend TK!)...still thinking on it...it's good to think on these things...